Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Bob????

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 06:03 PM
Boogity_Boy
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Street Bob????

Just curious on anyone that has a street bob how they like it. im looking at getting one cuz last wednesday i wrecked my bike( story is in sportster models under my rally week sucked!!!) and yeah im looking at upgrading to that or the night train. just let me know what you guys think. oh yeah im 6' 3" so im trying to figure out which one would fit me better.

Thanks

Old 08-14-2007, 06:07 PM
TAS
Novice
Default RE: Street Bob????

I have an '07 and have enjoyed it so far (3 months). I'm 5'9" and prefer mid to fwd controlsso the bike fits my tastesand size well. Good luck with your purchase.

TAS

Old 08-14-2007, 06:12 PM
HOGRIDA_06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sorry to here about your dump, glad your OK. When I first went Harley shopping I was looking at Night Trains and ended up settleing for the Street Bob. Then I considered it settleing, now I couldn't be happier. I alway underestemated the Dyna line and I shouldn't have. I love my Bob and hope to have for a long time. They are both great bikes, you have a tuff deceision ahead of you, Good Luck. And again, Glad your OK.

Old 08-14-2007, 06:22 PM
dailydriver
Road Captain

I got my 07 bobber in Jan and have put 9k miles on her so far I love it...at over 6' you may want to get fwds from the get go....see if the dealer will throw them in the deal...My dealer here in VA doesn't deal any price wise but they'll throw some bolt ons in the deal to make a sale......Later

Old 08-14-2007, 06:31 PM
MovedtoSyracuse
Tourer

I have a Street Bob and love it. I'm 6' tall and like the mids. I also have highway pegs just to change up foot positions on long rides. At your height, you'll probably want forward controls. If I were much taller I'd not like the mids.

Find a dealer that is doing demo rides in September. Mine is having demo rides of the '08 models, once the Rocker and Fat Bob are out. Check around. Well worth and fun to do.

Old 08-14-2007, 06:31 PM
Dombow77
Tourer

I had an 883C so I was used to the forwards, Then I traded that in for an 06 Bob, with the forwards. I love it. I'm 5'10" and it fits me just right, you my want to get the extened forwards. It is very comfortable and steady on the road. I run the Demos over at the local Harley dealer and I have riden just about every bike they got and I would not trade my Bob for a softail, maybe when I finally get my wife to ride with me I might go up to the Road Glide, but for now I will stick with the Bob. You can not go wrong with the Dyna family.

Old 08-14-2007, 06:34 PM
Jman67
Tourer

Love mine, but def get the forward controls.

Old 08-14-2007, 06:37 PM
Chipstah
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love my bobstah and wouldn't trade it for any softtail!!!!!! And concur on the mids with hiway pegs - also consider seat & shock changes - for example, my Mustang solo moved me back about an inch and up almost an inch - and got 1" lower Progressive shocks - amazing how much a seat & suspension mods can improve the relationship to your controls!

Good Luck!

Old 08-14-2007, 07:01 PM
SPECIAL ED
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I always seem to be going against the grain but I've had an 06 Bob for over a year and haven't really enjoyed it until recently.I wouldn't buy another one and wouldn't recomend one unless you have a few thousand extra to spend on upgrades.I tried to sell mine for awhile until I realized I wouldn't get half of what I had into it so I decided I was stuck with it and started modifying the hell out of it until it became something I can enjoy riding.The biggest improvement was a SERT and dyno tuning which cured 75% of what was wrong with it, a set of bagger shocks helped with the suspension issues but it's still an ongoing project.

Old 08-14-2007, 07:10 PM
Cabo
Road Captain

I like my 06 SB. As you can see I've done a few things but your gonna run into that no matter what you get. I always like the Night Train but when HD came out with the SB it was exactly what I wanted. Is it perfect..no. But what bike is? There will always be something you'll want to change.

[IMG]local://upfiles/7925/39B5C52C28D14ED9BBD5B799B50B70E8.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Street Bob????