Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

foward control extensions

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 12:06 PM
stillridin42703
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default foward control extensions

anybody running the 3 inch extensions on there forward controls,,,,hoping to find a pic of this setup,,,,still debating to get stretched out more,,,

Old 09-26-2007, 12:09 PM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: foward control extensions

I'm 6'4" and opted not to use the extensions because I just didn't like the appearance. I do have a Tallboy seat though that moves the rider back a bit. However, I'm also very comfortable with my stock 2 up seat with my standard length forwards.

Old 09-26-2007, 01:23 PM
cjhumphrey
Cruiser

I had the extensions on my bike but I changed the seat which moved me back. Didn't need them after that. Incidently, I have the components set aside if you might be interested in them. They're in great shape. Just PM me and we can discuss further if you want.

Old 09-26-2007, 02:10 PM
hounddog
Tourer

i got them and love them, really helped me get more relaxed, i kept my mids tho there just pegs i cut off the brake pedal. the mids are nice for a change on long rides but i spend most my time on the forwards. im 6ft but got more length in leg than in the body so they worked really well. as for apperance they kinda stuck out front but then i moved my tool bag in between and it cleanedup the space and it looks really good now too!!

Old 09-26-2007, 02:26 PM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member

hounddog, your bike looks awesome so don't get me wrong. But damn it looks like the tire would hit the controls they stick so far out. Just wasn't for me even though, at 6'4", it would probably be a tad more comfortable.

Old 09-26-2007, 02:36 PM
BlueShift
Road Master

I have the Kury 3" extensions and couldn't be more comfortable. I paired them up with some iso heal rests that go very well with my aileron foot pegs.
I'm 6' 3' with a 35" inseem. I run a mustang vintage solo on my street bob. I can now run 300 milesin a dayin total comfort. They are way out there but I also have a FoxCreek 12" toolbag between them which really breaks things up.

Old 09-26-2007, 02:39 PM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member

Inseam is what makes the difference I guess. I'm 6'4" but only a 34" inseam which, I believe, is the cutoff point that they recommend going to extensions. There are times when I'd like to get my legs out there farther but I'm usually just fine with what I have. I'm certainly more comfortable then I was with mids and highway pegs.

Old 09-26-2007, 04:39 PM
hounddog
Tourer

ya 2007fxdc the tire is pretty close but theres plenty of room, heck i drafted them and my dad machined them so i coul dhave gone any length and almost did, i was thinkin 4in would have been good but im really happy with the 3in. hey where ever your comfortable. only thing is it kinda screws short people. i had to have my sisters old boy friend pick my bike up for me and he could barly get his right foots toes on the peg cuz the a/c. so i guess thats sumthing to think abotu but its your bike and what you want but you could use that as an excuse to not let your friends ride your bike.....if there short!!! lol

Old 09-26-2007, 05:16 PM
MNslider
Intermediate

Don't mean to bust your thread, but what brand are people using for their extensions?? I have an 06 Superglide with HD forwards, I called Kuryakyn and they said they didn't have any extensions for my HD forward part number - most of theirs stuff only went to 05. If anyone out there put extensions on an 06 with HD forwards, please let me know what brand or part number. Thanks.

Once again, sorry about butting your post, but I can't find anything to work.

Old 09-26-2007, 05:56 PM
saltybull
Cruiser

I am 6'4" with a 34" inseam and the 3" Kury extensions are great! Really made the bike feel more stable for me! Heres apic them.The angle of the picture makes it look like they are close to the front wheel but they are not!

Also, MNslider the Kury part number for All Dyna forward extension years 03-07 is #9049 Here is a link to the Kury webpage for them.

http://www.kuryakyn.com/products.asp...ey&ci=2463

Quick Reply: foward control extensions