Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

UNCOOL... security systems 2008 FXDC - Siren?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 12:10 PM
ionate
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UNCOOL... security systems 2008 FXDC - Siren?

My 2008 came with a security system, but as far as I can tell, it doesn't do anything but keeps the engine from starting when the keyfob is not around. Is that accurate (I know, RTFM!)

I was ok with this until I recently had an employee of mine come back into the office and say, "man, I sat on your new bike just to see how it feels. bla bla bla." I turned my ears off after I heard that and immediately told him that was uncool to sit on someone else's harley and that I wouldn't suggest it again. His bonus check is coming around so I'm thinking about docking his payout for that... .just kidding of course!

I really, really , really wish a loud siren would have gone off as soon as he did that. He saw lights blinking but that's it. I set him straight on sitting on it againoron anyone's harley for that matter,but that made me wonder what good the "security system" is if it doesn't have a siren or chirp that would go off in case someone is jacking with it.

Anyone put a siren on their bikes and if so, where would it go, how much, etc? Any experiences or suggestions? I was pretty pissed when I heard he sat on my bike. TOTALLY UNCOOL. I get mad just thinking (typing) about it! Options?

Thx.

Old 11-07-2007, 12:21 PM
grandpawmoses
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: UNCOOL... security systems 2008 FXDC - Siren?

I believe the siren is optional & can be added to your system.

Old 11-07-2007, 12:22 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

I had an aftermarket siren wired up on mine... it is stupid loud and very high pitched... I LOVE IT!

Old 11-07-2007, 01:46 PM
dwg dave
Advanced

MOCO sells the siren part for the system, its a option and does not come with the factory system.

Old 11-07-2007, 01:47 PM
Dynamite17
Road Captain
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

ORIGINAL: ionate

My 2008 came with a security system, but as far as I can tell, it doesn't do anything but keeps the engine from starting when the keyfob is not around. Is that accurate (I know, RTFM!)

I was ok with this until I recently had an employee of mine come back into the office and say, "man, I sat on your new bike just to see how it feels. bla bla bla." I turned my ears off after I heard that and immediately told him that was uncool to sit on someone else's harley and that I wouldn't suggest it again. His bonus check is coming around so I'm thinking about docking his payout for that... .just kidding of course!

I really, really , really wish a loud siren would have gone off as soon as he did that. He saw lights blinking but that's it. I set him straight on sitting on it againoron anyone's harley for that matter,but that made me wonder what good the "security system" is if it doesn't have a siren or chirp that would go off in case someone is jacking with it.

Anyone put a siren on their bikes and if so, where would it go, how much, etc? Any experiences or suggestions? I was pretty pissed when I heard he sat on my bike. TOTALLY UNCOOL. I get mad just thinking (typing) about it! Options?

Thx.

I installed the siren as it also made my bike qualify for a Comprehensive discount in Mass. Without the audible alert, no discount. This is the Harley Smart Siren II p/n 68328-06

look here

It was a plug/play. The wire there is actually an antenna that transmits to the pager, and you can buy the pager which will also active if your bike is disturbed.

B

Old 11-07-2007, 02:24 PM
thecabinboy
Cruiser

The wonderful world of H-D or as I like to call it "pay up sucker". I think the bike was the cheap part. Funny, when I bought my first one they were nice enough to give me in my owners package the accessory book.

Old 11-07-2007, 02:50 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

get on ebay and buy a small siren... go to a auto alarm place with your manual and they will put it in for around 50 bucks... my total for siren and alarm was 73 dollars and it is WAY better than harley

Old 11-07-2007, 04:04 PM
jhmp
Cruiser

Sit on my bike, I sitw/ your wife.

Old 11-07-2007, 04:05 PM
TurkeyRun
Road Warrior

Received 46 Likes on 29 Posts

get on ebay and buy a small siren... go to a auto alarm place with your manual and they will put it in for around 50 bucks... my total for siren and alarm was 73 dollars and it is WAY better than harley
Ahhh... but will it make your belt vibrate? Mine does ;-)

After seeing my lights all "blinky-blinkey" after a 5 minute trip into the Harris-Teeter, I got the alarm module and pager fob. Not that it'll stop anyone who really wants the bike, but at least it'll give me a running start at'em.

Old 11-07-2007, 04:49 PM
Herr Monk
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: ionate

Thx.
I'd worry that a little ***** like that might drop the bike for fear should he hear a loud siren... Probably $hit himself on your seat too...

Quick Reply: UNCOOL... security systems 2008 FXDC - Siren?