Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It's so ugly...

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 01:59 AM
LilBudyWizer
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default It's so ugly...

that it's beautiful. I should be picking up a Fat Bob on Friday. I certainly don't mean any offense to anyone. Seeing as I'm buying one I must like it. I was talking to my wife and commented on how ugly it was. She responded with if I don't like it then buy one I do like. Oh no, I love it. I don't know how to explain it to her. It's like the original hummer or a bull dog. It's just so wrong it's right.

Style wise it just seems to suit me.When I was younger the whole social scene was a big thing, but now it's more the loner taking to the highway wondering where whim will take me. The style seems well suited for that. Rather than screaming look at me it's grumbling pay me no mind. I suppose one could argue that big fat front tire is screaming for attention, but the tires seem to say it belongs on a back country road without a car in sight.

Old 03-20-2008, 02:23 AM
db252
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: It's so ugly...

Now you can live the dream.

Old 03-20-2008, 02:27 AM
baxter
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: LilBudyWizer

that it's beautiful. I should be picking up a Fat Bob on Friday. I certainly don't mean any offense to anyone. Seeing as I'm buying one I must like it. I was talking to my wife and commented on how ugly it was. She responded with if I don't like it then buy one I do like. Oh no, I love it. I don't know how to explain it to her. It's like the original hummer or a bull dog. It's just so wrong it's right.

Style wise it just seems to suit me.When I was younger the whole social scene was a big thing, but now it's more the loner taking to the highway wondering where whim will take me. The style seems well suited for that. Rather than screaming look at me it's grumbling pay me no mind. I suppose one could argue that big fat front tire is screaming for attention, but the tires seem to say it belongs on a back country road without a car in sight.

well put.

Old 03-20-2008, 06:45 AM
dyna07custom
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

congrats post some pics of that ugly beauty when you get it

Old 03-20-2008, 07:00 AM
bikerdog134
Road Master

she belongs anywhere you take her.and ages beautifly

Old 03-20-2008, 07:33 AM
andy121
Tourer

Congrats on the bike,Enjoy

Old 03-20-2008, 08:17 AM
Robert Le Gras
Road Warrior

I think I get what you're saying about it's Ugly Beauty (a composition by Thelonious Monk that I love). I think's it's handsome in a masculine taking care of business way. I love the way it looks, and rides and sounds (stock) and it gets under your skin more and more as you get to know it.

Old 03-20-2008, 08:37 AM
Cloud09King
Road Warrior

To me, the Fat Bob kinda looks like the Fat Boy's younger, punkish, mischievious, troublesome brother! I think it's a great lookin' bike.

Old 03-20-2008, 10:01 AM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

ORIGINAL: FXDC Rider

To me, the Fat Bob kinda looks like the Fat Boy's younger, punkish, mischievious, troublesome brother! I think it's a great lookin' bike.
I'm thinking Streetbob on steroids......But I love the look. If I ever trade my LR it would be for a fatbob.

Old 03-20-2008, 11:45 AM
dyna07custom
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Definately meant it as a compliment

Quick Reply: It's so ugly...