Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Convert!!! ....OH and Thanks Mud!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 10:55 PM
CSA
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Convert!!! ....OH and Thanks Mud!!!

You fellas will love this!

Spent the last day or so getting my stuff together to reinstall the indicators that the previous owner removed from my bike! By the way thanks for the help Mud, you were right on with that torx head! Saved me 2 hours and 20 bucks in gas. Also thanks to Beefy for putting up that cheap relocation kit........worked perfect!

So I get all my indicators back on the bike and what not and they are working perfect. The guy that lives next door to me comes by, young kid, as I am finishing up the indicators and he tells me about a trooper that pulled him over today. He drives a real nice Ninja, total Rice Rocket. I tell him, bubba you got to try this Harley! He says yeah that would be fun. After I finished off the Indicators I went for a ride and when I got home he is standing in his driveway and I say, GO GET YOUR HELMET AND JACKET!!! He runs inside and comes back out! Jumps on my Dyna and tears off!!! After about 10 minutes he rides back up with a grin that I couldn't possibly cut myself and takes off his helmet! He says, WHAT A BLAST!!!! I said yeah it's really a raw ride. He says to me........Is Harley open on Sunday!!! I say why? He says I think I am gonna trade in my Ninja! I couldn't beleive it! I say to him really. He says yeah that is just so awesome, so loud! He then says to me, where is the gap in the power band, I say there aint one!!!! From the cellar on up! He sits on it for another 5 minutes and shakes his head!! LOL!!! You got to love it!!! He says I wound out first, hit second and thought my neck was gonna snap! LOL!!!

Another Harley rider is born!

Old 04-26-2008, 12:01 AM
mud
muderator
Received 8,739 Likes on 2,059 Posts
Default RE: Another Convert!!! ....OH and Thanks Mud!!!

Sounds like you and your neighbor had a good day Gary.

All we need now is pix.

mud

ORIGINAL: CSA

You fellas will love this!

Spent the last day or so getting my stuff together to reinstall the indicators that the previous owner removed from my bike! By the way thanks for the help Mud, you were right on with that torx head! Saved me 2 hours and 20 bucks in gas. Also thanks to Beefy for putting up that cheap relocation kit........worked perfect!

So I get all my indicators back on the bike and what not and they are working perfect. The guy that lives next door to me comes by, young kid, as I am finishing up the indicators and he tells me about a trooper that pulled him over today. He drives a real nice Ninja, total Rice Rocket. I tell him, bubba you got to try this Harley! He says yeah that would be fun. After I finished off the Indicators I went for a ride and when I got home he is standing in his driveway and I say, GO GET YOUR HELMET AND JACKET!!! He runs inside and comes back out! Jumps on my Dyna and tears off!!! After about 10 minutes he rides back up with a grin that I couldn't possibly cut myself and takes off his helmet! He says, WHAT A BLAST!!!! I said yeah it's really a raw ride. He says to me........Is Harley open on Sunday!!! I say why? He says I think I am gonna trade in my Ninja! I couldn't beleive it! I say to him really. He says yeah that is just so awesome, so loud! He then says to me, where is the gap in the power band, I say there aint one!!!! From the cellar on up! He sits on it for another 5 minutes and shakes his head!! LOL!!! You got to love it!!! He says I wound out first, hit second and thought my neck was gonna snap! LOL!!!

Another Harley rider is born!

Old 04-26-2008, 01:04 AM
CSA
Road Master

Yeah he's a good Kid. Deisel Mechanic! We are suppose to got out sunday and trade bikes..............I think he's getting the better end of the deal! HA!

Old 04-26-2008, 08:43 AM
Starboard
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WOW, what a great story! You've earned a new riding buddy, too. Thanks for the post, nothing better than good news.

Old 04-26-2008, 08:51 AM
HOGRIDA_06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Good deal man, I wish I had cool neibors. Sounds like you may have changed that guys life for the better.

Old 04-26-2008, 08:53 AM
stagolee
Road Master

He's gonna get ***-jacked on the trade in.

There will be ~$1300-$2000 gap between the trade-in value that H-D will offer and the street value that he can get by selling privately. <-- those words were told to me by an H-D sales manager.

He's better off just selling his bike outright and then using that cash as a deposit on an H-D machine.

Old 04-26-2008, 09:00 AM
CSA
Road Master

ORIGINAL: stagolee

He's gonna get ***-jacked on the trade in.

There will be ~$1300-$2000 between the trade-in value that H-D will offer and the street value that he can get by selling privately. <-- those words were told to me by an H-D sales manager.

He's better off just selling his bike outright and then using that cash as a deposit on an H-D machine.
Yeah for sure! ..........I am wondering how his wife is gonna take it! LOL!!! My wife has always seen my ride as the "competition!" She hates that damn Motorcycle! I think his wife is the same! ............to bad too! I think my wife would love it if she gave it a ride. She WILL not get on the bike!

Old 04-26-2008, 09:05 AM
Dawg Rider
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Though H-D ain't for everybody, I bet a lot of folks that have neverbeen on one would be surprised how much fun they are (especially Dynas). A Moto Guzzi rider buddy of mine came back from riding mine (first time on a Harley), and I don't think he even realizedhe had thisbig ol' grin on his face. He couldn't stop talking about the torque. He didn't run out and trade, but it changed some of themisconceptions he had.

BTW- nice bike...I really like the color. And we need pics of the new work!

Old 04-26-2008, 09:09 AM
tjmac49
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

CSA: Great story! Thanks for sharing and making me grin.

Old 04-26-2008, 09:16 AM
YellowHawk
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Good deal. Keep us informed on how the trade in goes. Hope it works out for him.

Quick Reply: Another Convert!!! ....OH and Thanks Mud!!!