Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

American Flag

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 06:55 PM
lumpyk
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default American Flag

I am new to the Harley scene. Got a 07 Dyna Super Glide with Vance and Hines Short Shots, SE Stage 1 air intake. Also added the Army timing cover, derby cover, and aircleaner cover. I also bought an American Flag that attatches to the sissy bar. Having served two tours in Iraq, and being in the military I always thought the flag should go to the right side of the bike. The right side of the bike would be you sitting on it facing forward. I have seen some bikes with the American Flag on the left side, isnt that wrong? Or isnt there a properside it should be on? I dont know maybe I am beingtoo **** overit.

Old 05-05-2008, 07:00 PM
Airborne350G
Club Member
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: American Flag

ORIGINAL: lumpyk

I am new to the Harley scene. Got a 07 Dyna Super Glide with Vance and Hines Short Shots, SE Stage 1 air intake. Also added the Army timing cover, derby cover, and aircleaner cover. I also bought an American Flag that attatches to the sissy bar. Having served two tours in Iraq, and being in the military I always thought the flag should go to the right side of the bike. The right side of the bike would be you sitting on it facing forward. I have seen some bikes with the American Flag on the left side, isnt that wrong? Or isnt there a properside it should be on? I dont know maybe I am beingtoo **** overit.
I agree. But we defend everyone's freedom of choice to do what they want with in limits of the law.I know that when I flythe Stars and Stripes on my bike it will be in the position of "HONOR". Rolling Thunder is coming up soon....

And thank you for your service...

Oh BTW: Three tours in Iraq, counting the first Gulf War...21 years in so far and not retiring anytime soon.

Old 05-05-2008, 07:14 PM
Wecroft
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Proper flag etiquette calls for the US Flag to be positioned either to the "Marching Right" as you have described or center.

Old 05-05-2008, 07:24 PM
seniorsuperglideE8
Supporter

Received 4,402 Likes on 2,390 Posts

To be correct, it's mounted on the vehicles right side facing forward. Not many will say anything to you. Thanks for your service.

USN (ret.) 24yrs.

Old 05-05-2008, 08:31 PM
Hutson
Tourer

I think usually the problem is most really don't know that their is a correct way to mount the flag,ignorance not disrespect I think. In some respect I guess it is something that they think enough tofly it on their ride.

Old 05-05-2008, 08:35 PM
Punty
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Hutson

I think usually the problem is most really don't know that their is a correct way to mount the flag,ignorance not disrespect I think. In some respect I guess it is something that they think enough tofly it on their ride.
Great Point!

And ThankALLof You for your service

USN 1981-1985

Old 05-05-2008, 09:13 PM
glock_556
Cruiser

First of all, thanks to all of you who have served our country.

Second, I had no idea that there was a proper or inproper way to fly the flag on your bike. But it makes sense though.

Old 05-05-2008, 10:13 PM
jayhantz7
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Thanks for the service! And as a fellow military member, I have only one thing to say with the flag on the bike... as long as you put it on the bike where it looks like it is moving forward. For example, the stars should always be closest to the handlebars. That's our reg when we wear flight suits, the flag can be on any shoulder, as long as it looks like it's moving "into battle"

Old 05-05-2008, 10:18 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

This may sound stupid but what did you attach the flag to?

Old 05-05-2008, 11:38 PM
dynasty
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Marching Right is the right side of the bike facing forward.

Quick Reply: American Flag