Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

inner bearing recall...?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 12:35 PM
lesrrt
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default inner bearing recall...?

Hi. Iam Les and am new to this forum. The other guys at the "other" site want $ to post...and there is no longer a search. Anyway, I have done a search on this forum and heard plenty of people having problems with their Dyna's inner primary bearing. I have 14k mi on an 06 Dyna custom and noticed a noise in the primary with clutch out, moving or in neutral. When clutch is engaged, noise disappears. The bike is at Baltimore HD now awaiting a verdict from the service dept. And yes, I had to sign a waiver for the 15k inspection while receiving the " Don't worry about it letter" not even amonth later. The 2yr warranty ran outMarch. Would I have to pay for this, or is it something that can be argued via the gen manager.I read most of the threads via the search and came here to ask what was the aftermath of some of these crusie drives. I wonder if this problem is rectified on the newer Dynas as well asall 08 with this 6speed. I would believe that all these early 6 speeds will be kicking back in time. I have taken this bike to Sturgis and Myrtle without a miss. The bike is completly stock.I also told them if it was the inner primary bearing and they would absolutely not fix it for free, thatI would just do it myself. I wonder also if these could be reconverted to reg primary chain adjusters, as i am thinking that the auto tensioner may be the culprit to the early bearing failures. Sorry for the long rant gentlman....and thanks!!

Old 05-22-2008, 02:16 PM
SPECIAL ED
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: inner bearing recall...?

I think if you have a copy of that letter, not the one that said don't worry about it but the other one you signed about the 15000 mi inspections you will not have to pay for anything.

Old 05-22-2008, 02:35 PM
DOMAR
Intermediate

I called harley up psn in manual 4 customer service the fix (inner primary bearing) 225.00 usd at the dealer. Harleypaid back 175.00 usd however in store credit only Ohhhh well better than nothing. they (Harley) handled it as an extended warranty issue You pay the 1st 50.00 usd

Old 05-22-2008, 04:22 PM
lesrrt
Novice

Thanks to both gents: ed and bomar. I have not heard anything yet from them .I hope to hear soon as the weather is getting good...and gas is through the F roof. And Domar, that is a fine young man with that robusto...could be a Rocky Patel..? I will keep you all posted when I hear something, thanks agian!!

Old 05-22-2008, 04:36 PM
hd_sob
Road Master

Is this the bearing you are referring to:

Rear primary bearing
Replace every 15,000 miles (24,000 kilometers) 6
See an authorized Harley-Davidson dealer.

This is from the HD website under the heading Service & Maintenance for my 06 Street Bob.

Old 05-22-2008, 06:20 PM
squeeech
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

G'day,
Just go to the tech section on this forum and look at the "primary,gearbox" section and you will know exactly why the IPB failed.

thanks
Graham.