Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slip-ons

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 05:28 PM
maddoggreene
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slip-ons

Any recommendations for slip-on mufflers for a 2004 FXDWGi that will add some volume and a throatier sound but won't be so loud that I set off car alarms and p!$$ off the neighbors when I roll in after midnight?&nbsp\\; Any help would be appreciated!

Old 06-08-2008, 05:48 PM
sokanxx
Advanced
Default RE: Slip-ons

Cycle Shack Slip ons sound very similar to the old SE II's. but louder. they are the&nbsp\\;shaped and positioned similar to stock with a choise of slash out slash down or&nbsp\\;turn out tips. they are pretty loud&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
V&amp\\;H straight shot slip ons are by far my favorite slip on they are inexpensive sound great (a&nbsp\\;high perfroamance drag pipe sound)&nbsp\\;and have a nice drag pipe look. I think they are the loudest exhaust your neighbors would have to tolerate
&nbsp\\;
RUSH slip ons sound mean and full but are louder then the V&amp\\;H straights

just my opinions but&nbsp\\;most cases concerneing exhaust sound&nbsp\\;can only be opinion

Old 06-08-2008, 08:13 PM
Novice
Tourer

I have the 07 Lowrider (FXDL) and have the Rinehart slip-ons. I love the sound.

Old 06-08-2008, 10:58 PM
Dynaflyer
Road Master

ORIGINAL: sokanxx

Cycle Shack Slip ons sound very similar to the old SE II's. but louder. they are the&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;shaped and positioned similar to stock with a choise of slash out slash down or&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;turn out tips. they are pretty loud&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
V&amp\\;\\\\\\;H straight shot slip ons are by far my favorite slip on they are inexpensive sound great (a&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;high perfroamance drag pipe sound)&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;and have a nice drag pipe look. I think they are the loudest exhaust your neighbors would have to tolerate
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
RUSH slip ons sound mean and full but are louder then the V&amp\\;\\\\\\;H straights

just my opinions but&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;most cases concerneing exhaust sound&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;can only be opinion
+1 on the cycle shacks, Great bang for the buck! Rush are good too. I used the rush 1.75's, the 2.0"baffle would be just right.

Old 06-08-2008, 11:20 PM
FXDF MYK
Cruiser

&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; On the Rush Slip ons they offer 4 different baffle sizes, so is it the larger the baffle the better the flow? Also does this mean louder too. I have seen in most post people went with the 2". Funny thing is, for another 50 bucks I can get the V&amp\\;H Short shots (Chrome) from Dennis Kirk, but then again need new intake and a good tuner.

Old 06-08-2008, 11:45 PM
Dynaflyer
Road Master

ORIGINAL: FXDF MYK

&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; On the Rush Slip ons they offer 4 different baffle sizes, so is it the larger the baffle the better the flow? Also does this mean louder too.
&nbsp\\;
Yes ![sm=icon_ladiesman.gif]

Old 06-09-2008, 12:18 AM
rayfinseats
Road Captain

I set off car alarms and p!$$ off the neighbors when I roll in after midnight. I love doing that. Especially car alarms.

Old 06-09-2008, 01:46 AM
LownBlue
Cruiser

I had the Rush Slip-ons with the 1.5" Baffles. Nice deep sound that was not obnoxiously loud.

Old 06-09-2008, 02:15 AM
BlockHead96
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Gotta remap with slip ons??

Old 06-10-2008, 11:07 PM
maddoggreene
Cruiser

No remap required with the slip-ons.