Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

56 Super Glide Restoration

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 11:16 AM
56Panhead
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 56 Super Glide Restoration

Mud, that is a bezza, 1970 custom built by myself and a couple of buddies. It started as a box full of parts for 250 bones and we rebuilt the motor this past winter. It runs really great just a bit stiff for an ol fat man like me. We have 2 more rolling chassis in the shed for future projects one being a lightning and the other an old oil in the frame BSA. got them both for 100 bones. Thanks again and have a great day.

Old 07-11-2006, 11:51 AM
56Panhead
Intermediate

Here is the latest update on the ol 65. It is completely stripped and in the paint shop. I recently found out the ol fella I had ghotten this thing from is having his 70th birthday on the 21st. So my plan is to get it looking like it did years ago and then letting him have it back. He did say he wanted to ride it again and what a better way to feel 29 again huh? I will post final assembly pictures after completed. Here is what it looks like before the paint. The first one was in April when it was pick out of the barn where it sat for 20 plus years. Have a great day.

Old 07-11-2006, 12:25 PM
Bear64
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just finished reading the whole thread on your 65 panhead, what a great bike you have there, I remember posting to you a few months back.
About 10 years ago i stopped off at the local BMW shop to see the owner, personal friend i hadn't seen in a while, in the course of talking to him he said i have something to show you, it was a 65 panhead all there but the dist. and top end was off. he asked me if I would get it running, since i was not busy after work every day I said sure, what a ball, your story brought back some fine memerys of my old chopper days and the work we used to do to them in our garages..No shop would put a sporty front end on a bike lke that for us, we had to do it ourselfs. we made spacers that fit around the bearing cup of the sporty and put them in the frame gooseneck, then ran all the little sporty ballbearings, we also had to have a new forkstem made, remember this was way back before AEE choppers and Gary's cycle parts came out, we were true, do it ourselve type of guys ah the memerys, but I'm sure this is boreing, sorry about that..your project looks good have fun and enjoy..[sm=biker.gif]

Old 07-11-2006, 03:17 PM
56Panhead
Intermediate

Bear64, thanks and yes I remember when I was first getting this pan in line you assisted in many ways, thanks. I did like the story of the ol days as that is the era I enjoy. Today all motorcycles look alike just different paint jobs. Wow I am impressed. There is no comparison of the old school bikes to the new revtech bikes. The truth in my opinion is the old school has the better of it all. Today several people want to build custom bikes Old scool all the way. Have a great day.

Old 07-11-2006, 07:34 PM
stubby
Road Captain

I think gottaguy has the various parts right. There is a parts house in Berwick, Pa., Bill's cycle barn. I'd be suprised if he couln't provide you with parts for the engine and tranny. With the rest of the machine you will need to decide whether you want to restore it as chopped or attempt to bring it back to the original electra glide. Either way it looks like it will be a lot of fun. Good Luck.