Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Askin for pics on SG riser mods

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 11:18 AM
imboden
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 57 Posts
Default Askin for pics on SG riser mods

Anybody have photos of what they've done with the risers? I was thinkin of runnin with some 4.5 risers, but I wanna see em on a bike before I go ahead with the work....

lookin for somethin to bring the bars up a little closer, tried those softail standard bars, but no joy. don't wanna break the bank!

Old 02-05-2009, 12:07 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

you can make some extensions for SUPER cheap and they look awesome! i have done it on my bob before i got my LI risers... but my dad and brother have been rocking these extenstions for years... super cheap to make cost about 5 bucks. really easy to make as well, you can get the parts at any hardware store... if you want to know how to make them let me know and i will do a write up for you.

Old 02-05-2009, 12:27 PM
Gary7
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used these pullback risers from Drag Specialties. Put the bars up and back right where I wanted 'em. The part number is DS-290126.

Old 02-05-2009, 12:36 PM
octane
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For about 80 bucks you can pick up a set of 6.5" pull back risers from JP. I put these on with a set of "Buff" 1-1/4 in drag bars. You can see them in my sig. Great riding position. Before I interanally wired them I used the stock wiring and it was plenty long enough. They are now internally wired with JP 8" extension kit for 50 bucks. I can take some better pics if you need me to.

Old 02-05-2009, 12:45 PM
bakerm75
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

quote=Gary7;4502220]I used these pullback risers from Drag Specialties. Put the bars up and back right where I wanted 'em. The part number is DS-290126.

where you able to use the stock cables with that setup?
What bars are those?

Old 02-05-2009, 01:12 PM
imboden
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by JRK5892
you can make some extensions for SUPER cheap and they look awesome! i have done it on my bob before i got my LI risers... but my dad and brother have been rocking these extenstions for years... super cheap to make cost about 5 bucks. really easy to make as well, you can get the parts at any hardware store... if you want to know how to make them let me know and i will do a write up for you.

hey bud, I'm in! what do I need to do? I'm willing to give it a shot. The setup on those superglides is just too low and forward for my taste.

my personal bike is a night train, 79's FXS and 51' FL. But I've been babysittin this 06' FXD for my dad for the last year while he lives in cleaveland. he says I can ride it all I want. so I toss my wife on the SG, but those bars aren't right for her either.

Old 02-05-2009, 02:05 PM
Gary7
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bakerm75
quote=Gary7;4502220]I used these pullback risers from Drag Specialties. Put the bars up and back right where I wanted 'em. The part number is DS-290126.

where you able to use the stock cables with that setup?
What bars are those?
I didn't have to change anything. The bars are the pullback buckhorns that came on the bike.

Old 02-05-2009, 02:59 PM
kk6pg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

If its a stock superglide, this is what it will look like with a 4.5 inch rise

Old 02-05-2009, 03:07 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

ok... making your own risers 101...
supplies:
chrome plumbing pipe
fender washers
push cap
hardened bolt

how you do it...
measure how high you want to go up.
pull out the riser bolt and measure that... the diff between your bolt and how high you want to go will tell you the size of the new bolts you need to buy

go to the hardware store and pick up a piece of chrome plumbing pipe (the kind that they have under sinks)
then go over to the nuts and bolts section and get a 2 push caps

now get the same riser bolts you have in there now just a bit longer (to match the height you want) be sure that they are hardend
looking at your bolt and chrome plumbing pipe, find the fender washers that will fit around the bolt and almost fill the pipe diameter (they are close but now going to completely fill it from what i have found)

now go home...

find the center of each push cap you bought and drill out a hole that will fit the bolt
measure out in fender washers how high you want to go up on the rise, take this size and cut the chrome tubing (before cutting tape it off with packing tape to keep the chrome from flaking)
now you just put it all together, run the new bolt up from the bottom of the tree, put on all the fender washers, put your chrome tube with push cap over those and then screw that right into your stock risers... BOOM riser extensions for 5 bucks!
class dissmissed...
any questions hit me up... they work great and i have done this on a ton of bikes
dont have to spend big bucks to get cool looking crap! remember if you can buy it you can build it better!

Old 02-05-2009, 03:23 PM
manofsteele2003
Road Master
Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Hey JRK, what happened to Loner Industries? I was looking to get a set of the dice risers and their website doesn't come up anymore.

Quick Reply: Askin for pics on SG riser mods