Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Dyna, now which exhaust...

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2005, 05:41 PM
DynaSuperGlide
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Dyna, now which exhaust...

Hi everyone,
I just bought a new Super Glide the other week and I'm loving it so far. But I need a new exhaust! Mine is way to quiet. My buddy called me the phantom driver the other day! I've been looking at the Vance and Hines Big shots, but I think they might too loud from some of the reviews I've read. I don't mind loud, but I would like to be able to pull out of the driveway without pissing my neighbors off if I want to. I'm open to pretty much any exhaust though, so if anyone loves or hates theirs, I'm open to any suggestions. I've tried to do a search on relative exhaust threads, but I wasn't very successful. If anyone knows a specific thread that deals with this I would appreciate that as well. One other quick thing-will this affect my warrenty? The dealership I bought the bike from said it wouldn't but that I had to buy it from there, which of course cost a hundred dollars more than if I got it online.

Thanks for any help and suggestions you can throw my way!

Aaron

Old 04-19-2005, 05:52 PM
TxMoores
Road Warrior
Default RE: New Dyna, now which exhaust...

I still like the Vance & Hines Big Radius... And they are not as loud as the short shots... but I wish their price was a little better....
I know they list for $650 and about the best price I have found is eBay or direct from Biker Haven for $490.

Biker Haven V&H Big Radius $490

Old 04-20-2005, 12:32 PM
DynaSuperGlide
6th Gear

Any opinions about the Screaming eagle air cleaner? That seems to be the norm for my bike. Does anyone else have another brand that they like?

Thanks again,

Aaron

Old 04-20-2005, 12:43 PM
TxMoores
Road Warrior

That's a tough one!! There are so many out there. I prefer the Kuryakyn Hyper Chargers, but you might want to look at a J&P, Dennis Kirk, V-Twin, etc. catalog and see which one fits your taste. Check out the below link to air filters available at Dennis Kirk.

Air Filters for 2005 Dyna Super Glide from Dennis Kirk

Old 04-20-2005, 01:32 PM
AceArt
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went with the SEII slip-ons and air cleaner kit. Seems to work well, but mainly it wa a matter of price and convenience. My dealer installed for free before bike was delivered.

Old 04-20-2005, 03:39 PM
DGlide04
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Replaced the stock H-D staggered duals on my '04 FXD over the weekend, with set of V&H Big Shot Staggered pipes. They were under $450.00 shipped to the door from Direct Parts in Nevada and I'm sorry that I did not change them over sooner. They are a bit on the LOUD side, but not what I would call obnoxiously so. The fit and finish is excellent and it took only a couple of hours to install them.

The only other work that I had done was having a Dynojet kit installed in the stock HD carb, runs strong and sounds great. Good luck with your choice. I'll try to post a few pictures with the V&H pipes today or tomorrow so you can get an idea of what they look like.

Old 04-20-2005, 07:20 PM
DGlide04
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got home in time to upload a picture of the new pipes on the bike. Let me know if you have any questions.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1981/8EDDEDE8F9374D2D9AA6579654C34336.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-20-2005, 07:40 PM
Mikeeeeeeeeee
"Moderator & Connoisseur of Ice Cream"
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

05 FXD
SE II's (80 bucks off Ebay)
Dynojet kit HD dealer
SE (K&N) breather. HD dealer

Sounds good
Looks good
Have to sneak out in the mornings to go to work. Idle off till I get a half a block, then I roll on a little throttle to get on out of the neighborhood.

Mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Old 04-20-2005, 11:22 PM
Fuente
Advanced

I have an '05 Super Glide Custom Fuel Injected and the following for my Stage One:

directparts.com

* Ness Big Sucker Air Cleaner $88.00
* Power Commander $288.00
* V & H Big Shots Staggered $429.00
* Quiet Baffles $52.00

My bike sounds and looks as good as any... and the low and mid torque increase was very dramatic. I've seen the SE II's at a local Harley hangout where nearly 300 bikes can be seen every Saturday and Sunday, and for every 1 bike with SE II's, you will find 25 others with a non-Harley exhaust system.

Most with SE II's change out later... reason is usually "not loud enough". My quiet baffles are only because of my neighborhood... but they still are loud and will set off an alarm in a heartbeat if I am not careful.

Old 04-21-2005, 12:22 AM
Tripper
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I have SE II slipons HD part number80293-99A. At the HD web site the part number for the SE II is 80366-99. Anybody know what the difference is if any? Mine are loud enough to set off car alarms in shopping center parking lots. I, too, must sneak out at dead idle in the mornings until I leave the bedroom community that I live in.

Quick Reply: New Dyna, now which exhaust...