Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

08 Fatbob Mods Price Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 11:22 AM
kmcelroy
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 Fatbob Mods Price Question

Ok so my bike is due for the 1000 Mile Service, so I figured I will get a price on the exhaust and intake that I want and just get it all done at once. So I call the local Harley shop and talk to parts and ask about the V&H Black Big Radius and the Screamin Eagle AC and he tells me that I will also need a CERT? I asked can't I just get a Stage 1 Download and he said no that won't work with the pipes and SE AC? He then goes on to quote me about $2,100 (NOT including 1000 Mile Service) for the Pipes, SE AC, CERT and installation?

I can buy the pipes and SE AC on ebay for around $1,000 together. Do I truly need a CERT? I am sure that I can install the Pipes and AC, but what do you guys recommend on the ECM Download for the bike? Is the CERT the only way to go or is ther other options? These are my first big mods to my bike.

Kris

Old 07-15-2009, 11:27 AM
Lopoetve
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's overpriced, but the SERT is good, IF they're a good tuning shop.

I paid $1700 total for a D&D FatCat, SE AC, SERT, and a good dyno tune.

Old 07-15-2009, 11:57 AM
AdrianVall
Elite HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Well.. you can certainly do better as far as buying the pipes and AC. Install those yourself definitely. As far as fuel management, the SERT (screaming eagle race tuner) is a good product as long as they have a good dyno technician to tune it properly. OR, you could use get a Power Commander with the auto tune add-on and never have to worry about getting a tune again. Go to FuelMotoUSA.com and talk to Jamie. He'll hook you up. You could probably do all that for under $1,000 if you price out everything properly.

Old 07-15-2009, 12:04 PM
bberck
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

While you can defineately do it cheaper if shop online and do some install yourself that price will be pretty typical at a dealer.

The stage one download was designed for the stage one air cleaner and SE slip-ons. While many will run this with a Heavy breather and full exhaust it will be lean. Atleast your dealer knows this, were my local one sends people out like that all the time since they dont have a Dyno.

Old 07-15-2009, 01:30 PM
wilcher
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

big radius $699, SE heavy breather $239, installed myself $0. HD race tuner $500 , not sure what a CERT is. Dyno tune $65. Total $1500.

Old 07-15-2009, 02:25 PM
TheOak
Cruiser

Tons of discussion on this already, try a search on it.

Old 07-15-2009, 02:57 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

CERT is SERT screaming. eagle. race. tuner. Take your time get prices for the same stuff cheaper and save 1000$ for other stuff ......unless $ is no object,but then you woudn't have asked if it's a fair price if you were'nt concerned with cost. My freind with a rockerC put on V&H BR + screaming eagle intake and is running with the download and he is fine. Some decel popping if he's beating it , but no worse than mine!

Auto tune with pcV will tune your air/fuel on it's own but if you have decel popping issues it won't help,Or I'd have bought one of those by now.

Old 07-15-2009, 03:00 PM
Richinlc
Cruiser

I agree with doing a search...But, defiantly do the work yourself and get a PC-V or something similar..dont forget to buy the service and parts manuels for your bike ...best money i have spent so far ...it pays for itself over and over. I have the same bike as you..7500 mi. if you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Last edited by Richinlc; 07-15-2009 at 03:02 PM.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:08 AM
Los11
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Yeah WAYYYYY OVER Priced...... first of all 1000 miles service I will never pay Harley that money you can do it yourself all you need to spend is on Fluids.... A good shop will charge you $1200-$1500 for Pipes, AC, PC-5 , Tune... I did the work myself but I spent less then what you got quoted and got everything powder coated. I had the bike tuned by a shop I had the SERT and I did the PC-5 on my Fat Bob this time and I am really happy with it. Here is a pic of my Bike

Old 07-16-2009, 07:16 AM
russell6hp
Tourer

I bought the SE slip-ons and am disappointed in how quiet they are. Don't know if there is baffle or something that can come out...didn't see anything up in there...

Quick Reply: 08 Fatbob Mods Price Question