Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street bob class action?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 03:40 PM
Ugly Troll
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Default Street bob class action?

Hey all, anybody else out there with an 06 Street bob who signed the paper when they bought it new regarding the faulty inner primary bearing? The factory said they would replace the bearing every 15K at no cost to the customer. Apparently the moco knew there was some sort of problem with it and so they decided they would take care of it. NOW it seems the moco is balking at this and giving us a hard time saying the bike is no longer under warranty etc. My argument is they (the moco) admitted there was some sort of defect regarding this bearing, they had a form for purchasers to sigh acknowledging there was a defect, and that they (the moco) would take care of the problem at no cost to the owner.....nowhere did it say "until the warranty expires." So, how about it? Anyone else having this issue? I figure there's strength in numbers, and the moco probably doesn't want or need the kind of really bad press they're gonna get if they don't take care of this!

Old 07-23-2009, 03:45 PM
Bobbed Out
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have an 09 but no it was not mentioned and i surely didn't sign any forms agreeing to any recalls. why on earth would you do that anyways?

Old 07-23-2009, 03:55 PM
DSnoopy
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 06 has a noted and well documented issue with that, but I did not specifically hear about the form you are mentioning. However, there are a LOT of 06 owners on here that I'm sure have some input.

Old 07-23-2009, 03:55 PM
MarineMike
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just had to replace mine on my 06 at 15K. Sure would have liked to used that money on some other stuff for the scoot.

Old 07-23-2009, 04:01 PM
Ugly Troll
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 1 Post

Dealer told us all about this issue. Did business with them for over 20 years. We signed it because we felt comfortable the company would back it up the way they said they would. Now, the original selling dealer no longer exists, and the moco is giving us **** about it even though we have the signed document. I believe this issue only applies to the 06 Dyna line (according to the original form, it says "the Dyna model line.") So far as I know, subsequent years do not have this problem.

Old 07-23-2009, 04:29 PM
DSnoopy
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Ugly Troll
Dealer told us all about this issue. Did business with them for over 20 years. We signed it because we felt comfortable the company would back it up the way they said they would. Now, the original selling dealer no longer exists, and the moco is giving us **** about it even though we have the signed document. I believe this issue only applies to the 06 Dyna line (according to the original form, it says "the Dyna model line.") So far as I know, subsequent years do not have this problem.
That is correct from what I have read on here before. This was an 06 issue only as far as I know.

Old 07-23-2009, 05:24 PM
Cat Mech
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Is this only Street Bobs or all the 06 Dyna line????

Old 07-23-2009, 05:29 PM
PKellyMc
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: PacNW; Beacon of Conservatism in a Sea of Liberals.......AZ Snowbird; Just another Conservative
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Had my '06 Wide IPB fail the 2nd time in May (12.5K-mi). First time was last summer (3900-mi). First fail, I was still under warranty; got a new bearing and race. Two months ago I was out of original warranty, had the extended, but HD fixed on their own dime. This time, got new IPCase and tranny case ('07 parts, with alignment dowels). Search my IPB threads/links and you'll find all you need to know on this issue.

Old 07-23-2009, 06:00 PM
Cornhusker
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Cat Mech
Is this only Street Bobs or all the 06 Dyna line????
All '06 88ci engines I believe.

Many have gotten the problem taken care of by the Moco. I would imagine a lot would depend on a GOOD dealer going to bat for you.

Last edited by Cornhusker; 07-23-2009 at 06:02 PM.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:39 PM
Prodriverdon
Road Master

Sign me up for the class action suit. You do know it is going to cost alot of time and $.

Quick Reply: Street bob class action?