Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Suggestions,tips ,ect

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 11:39 AM
rebels1
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Need Suggestions,tips ,ect

Greetings Fellow riders , Being sort of a flat lander living here in florida ,I am looking for any tip or Suggestions to riding the twisties and hills of the mountians of N.C. and Tenn. I am planning a trip up that way in Oct and plan to ride the Dragons Tail . I have been riding for sometime now and can handle my 07 Streetbob pretty well . I'll be riding with a passenger and a day bag ,So any tips like brake usage,braking ect will be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Old 08-17-2009, 12:29 PM
Bugger
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Flatlander in the NC twisties

Greetings from a fellow flatlander (Tallahassee, FL.). You will love it up there. My tip: watch out for the gravel arround the tight switch back mountain roads. After a good rain gravel is left on the road surface. Cagers leave a "two track" of clean pavement especially in the tight switch back corners. The track is only about 24 inches wide. Get outside the track and you will be in for a surprise, especially if riding two-up. Brake upright in straight line before entering the switch back. Stay in your track and you'll be fine.

Old 08-17-2009, 12:33 PM
paul s
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

With a passenger slow down and enjoy the scenery.

Old 08-17-2009, 12:33 PM
FXD2003Rider
Administrator Emeritus

Received 867 Likes on 576 Posts

Originally Posted by rebels1
...I am looking for any tip or Suggestions to riding the twisties and hills of the mountians of N.C. and Tenn. I am planning a trip up that way in Oct and plan to ride the Dragons Tail....
Here is an interesting video clip (Ride Like A Pro On The Dragon) by motorman857. Search Youtube for more of his work and Dragons Tail Crashes!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekkUzhh9E9A

My advice: don't overestimate yourself and avoid being bitten by the Dragon!

Have a safe trip!!

Old 08-17-2009, 01:59 PM
bigmikaele
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Riding with passenger? Ride slow it will be more enjoyable for both of you. Don't override the Dragon, riding slow doesn't mean walk the bike, just take your time you will have a lot of fun. Slow down before you get to the turns it is easier to throttle through a turn that you slowed down too much for then to try to slam on the brakes as you negotiate a turn you went into too hot with a passenger on the back. Relax and ride your ride.