Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Fat Bob

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 10:09 AM
Bill10256
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fat Fat Bob

Last week I put on the Mustang Vintage seat with back rest. This week I added the hard mounted bags. This thing is starting to look like a touring Fat Bob.

Some day I'll order a Ghost Bracket. It was a real pain in the a$$ to install these hard mounted bags by myself last night. Getting the treads started without the bag falling or the back plate falling is almost impossible by yourself.

I'm not sure what mods I want to add next. I would love to put some V&H Short Shots on her but I really like the tommy gun cut away pipes.

Attached Thumbnails Fat Fat Bob-p1010318-mid.jpg   Fat Fat Bob-p1010319-mid.jpg   Fat Fat Bob-p1010324-mid.jpg   Fat Fat Bob-p1010315-mid.jpg  

Last edited by Bill10256; 09-19-2009 at 10:30 AM.
Old 09-19-2009, 10:55 AM
sanlyn
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Is that a Tach you added to the riser? I thought they wouldn't fit with the windshield.

Old 09-19-2009, 11:36 AM
blacknsilver
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

That is what seat I want to put on mine. Looks great. How is the comfort especially for passenger?

Old 09-19-2009, 12:40 PM
luckyB
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Looks good. Did your bike originally come with mid controls or forwards?

Old 09-19-2009, 01:09 PM
jaysonL
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Are the bags "Leather Pros" ? Where did you get them if so ?

Old 09-19-2009, 02:22 PM
Bill10256
Cruiser

Are the bags "Leather Pros" ? Where did you get them if so ?
JasonL, the bags are the Harley Davidson Leather Bags for Dynas. Here's the link:
http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

Looks good. Did your bike originally come with mid controls or forwards?
LuckyB, the FB came with forward controls. I was worried about getting them at first but they're just right for my height - 6' 2"

That is what seat I want to put on mine. Looks great. How is the comfort especially for passenger?
blacknsilver, I love the seat. I had a sundowner before and thought I would have to sacrifice some comfort. The seat is comfortable. The best part is not I fill like I'm being pushed through the curves rather than being pulled now that I have a back rest. Feels great!

Is that a Tach you added to the riser? I thought they wouldn't fit with the windshield.
Sanlyn - That's a Harley tach. Fit's fine with the windshield on. In fact I have a small fork bag between the tach and the windshield.

Old 09-19-2009, 05:34 PM
Bill10256
Cruiser

Blacknsilver, I forgot to add, I haven't ridden any passengers yet so I don't know about the passenger seat. My wife insisted that I get her a bigger seat when I bought the Fat Bob so I bought a sundowner. She hasn't ridden on the FB yet. My daughter has but not on the Mustang seat.

Old 09-19-2009, 07:25 PM
Northern B
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice set-up .... the seats look comfy (my next purchase) and I like the bags.

Old 09-19-2009, 07:57 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I have a good mod for you that will cost less than 20$. Since you want ghost brackets later and ghost brackets move your bags further away from your bike like 1.5 extra inches. Try buying longer bolts.Remove 1 bag. Remove the backing plate. Fish the longer bolts through from inside the fender. Put the bag on there and secure it with an acorn nut from inside the bag. NThen do bag # 2.Next time you want to remove your bags they will take 10 seconds each. I swear it takes me less than 2 minutes to get both rigid mount bags off,and I'm on the road again. You will also need to put a thin profile bolt and washer to hold the bolt to the fender while the bags are off.

Old 09-19-2009, 08:42 PM
Fat Bill
Tourer

I like it a lot. Looks great. Looking for a more comfy seat for the wife. Not crazy about the looks of the backrest for the driver. But I wasn't crazy about the looks of VH big radius before either. Now I can't get em out of my head for my next mod. Although I do like those saddle bags man. Sharp!

Quick Reply: Fat Fat Bob