Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

has anyone used this fairing before??

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 05:02 PM
jackyl
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default has anyone used this fairing before??

i was wondering if anyone has used one of these fairings or know of anyone that has. i convert my streetbob into a touring bike for me and the wife when we travel. i just bought some hard bags that iam going to convert into detachables instead of the leather bags i have now, that suck in the rain, ask me how i know. i allready have a tourpak in the pics below that is detachable. so my wife ask if i could make a detachable fairing instead of the harley sheild, that wasnt the problem it was the price i have seen them in the past for $1500.00 and up. but i found this fairing that is only $299.00 total and it holds 4 five inch speakers and comes with the outer and inner shell and brackets but i know i will have to change the beackets but thats easy. the price is right but i was just wondeing about the qaultiy. the feedback says great things about the fairing but you know just want to make sure. then i will have a complete tour bike in less then 5 minutes and undetach it when i get to the rally. then it will only costed me a total of $825.00 total for the ABS hardbags, the fairing and the tourpak for my bike when i need it for traveling and i still have my street rode, instead of buying oa touring bike for $20,000.00 for traveling. thanks for any info jackyl

Fairing: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...STRK:MEWAX:VRI

everyday ride:

Touring bike:

Fairing:

Last edited by jackyl; 10-01-2009 at 05:08 PM.
Old 10-01-2009, 05:15 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

it is nice, my buddy has on on his VTX, and loves it i am almost possitive it is the same one, cuase i love how clean the inner fairing was!

Old 10-01-2009, 05:21 PM
Mascman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This will probably not come across in writing the right way, but here goes...
For $299 compared to $1500, does it have to be the best quality piece available?

You already know you don't want to spend $1500, so what other option do you have?

Chances are it will work out fine for what you want it for.

Buy it and post up pics when you get it mounted.

Old 10-01-2009, 05:22 PM
jackyl
Elite HDF Member

thanks joe could you ask him though. iam so close to pulling the trigger. iam totally changing the bike this winter, wdg tank, 09 streetglide rear fender, fatbob front fender, abs hardbags, tourpak like always and maybe the fairing and then paint. i have alot of work to do, but cant wait til iam finished, but then again dont want riding season to end, you know the double edge sword thing. jackyl

Old 10-01-2009, 05:26 PM
jackyl
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Mascman
This will probably not come across in writing the right way, but here goes...
For $299 compared to $1500, does it have to be the best quality piece available?

You already know you don't want to spend $1500, so what other option do you have?

Chances are it will work out fine for what you want it for.

Buy it and post up pics when you get it mounted.
the other option is try and peice together a used harley one thats a little beat up and try to configer it to the bike, but that could be a pain, i guess you are correct, but if this is a cheapo and cracks after a few runs then not worth it if i have to keep replacing it, but then again i could replace it 5 times though for the price of some of the other fairings. jackyl

Old 10-01-2009, 07:25 PM
HDDyna2006
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

will it fit to your forks? or do they have to be the touring fat forks?

Old 10-01-2009, 07:34 PM
jackyl
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by HDDyna2006
will it fit to your forks? or do they have to be the touring fat forks?
not sure, but i allready figured i would have to make new brackets anyways thats not a problem, since thats what i do for a living (prototype fabricator). might even try the quick release clamps from harley that clamp to the forks if the fairing is light i would use three to each side for more safety though if not 4 each side. if not i will make the old style bracket that clips on the little mounting bosses that mount to the forks like the older windshields. jackyl

Old 10-01-2009, 08:45 PM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

That thing looks sweet Jackyl! For the $, I'd go for it. I'm even considering something like that for my Road King.

Old 10-01-2009, 09:06 PM
ackman1968
Elite HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by JakeInMa
That thing looks sweet Jackyl! For the $, I'd go for it. I'm even considering something like that for my Road King.
I agree. I don't think I would let the price bother me. Look at the tour pak you got for less than a bill, seems to be a decent item for the price. I'd like to get one too but my mod money is low.

Old 10-01-2009, 10:54 PM
xbox
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Crap I'm not mechanical....

Wanna Make one for me too for some extra cash?
that is a cheaply priced fairing...

Quick Reply: has anyone used this fairing before??