Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cross a fatboy and a dyna and get...

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 06:11 PM
JekyllnHyde
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 250 Likes on 146 Posts

That's one beefy bike. Kind of reminds me of a bulldog. Short, stout and with a pushed in face. I agree with JohnnyBravo....a solo seat and chopping that front fender a bit would make it look better.

Old 12-05-2009, 06:11 PM
rdondes
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Wonkaboy
Here is a nice Dyna Fatboy that somebody owns , it's one of my favorite bikes !!!!!

How is it that this Dyna/Fatboy combination that is posted by Wonkaboy looks both industrial and sleek at the same time, while fryjeys' bike looks all smooshed and clunky?

Also, is there a write-up on the Forum regarding the work done to this gorgeous Dyna/Fatboy that is posted by Wonkaboy?

Old 12-05-2009, 06:32 PM
U-234
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

You are drooling all over MarksBob,s Phat Bob. He has several pictures in his album. Do a search on MarksBob.

Old 12-05-2009, 06:55 PM
Tripwire1
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice bike!

Old 12-05-2009, 07:05 PM
turider
Novice

Like em both! Fat tires rule. Have you decided what the color will be with the black out no chrome look?

Old 12-05-2009, 08:00 PM
JekyllnHyde
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 250 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by rdondes
How is it that this Dyna/Fatboy combination that is posted by Wonkaboy looks both industrial and sleek at the same time, while fryjeys' bike looks all smooshed and clunky?

Also, is there a write-up on the Forum regarding the work done to this gorgeous Dyna/Fatboy that is posted by Wonkaboy?
Looks to me that the bike Wonkaboy posted has a bit more rake, plus the beefy fender on fryjey's bike gives it that more "smooshed" look.

Old 12-05-2009, 08:41 PM
ackman1968
Elite HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

I believe Marksbob is still running a Dyna front end. The FL Softail trees have less offset than the Dyna's which brings everything in closer to the frame. It's also deceiving with the forks compressed, once released the front tire will appear to be where it belongs. Another thing that makes it look a bit off is the rear fender being rolled forwards. If we let the man finish it I'm sure it will look great!

Old 12-05-2009, 10:13 PM
fryejs
Intermediate

thank you ackman1968! Im hoping to have my tins back in about 10 days...my buddy at work is painting it for me...another thing about that rear fender is Im sitting about 2 inches higher than a stock super glide so all you guys running lowered rear ends are sitting alot lower than me, so mines alway gona look taller. At this height i was able to drag my stock pipes in the S turns so thats why im not going any lower. My favorite place to ride is US421 (shady valley) otherwise know as The Snake. Thanks to everyone for their comments!!!! Hopefully I can get the rest of my install pics together soon!

Old 12-05-2009, 10:50 PM
GeorgeJ
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Nice work. It's great fun putting things together.
If you want to go with a wider tire in the back, you can run a deuce wheel with a 160/70 17. Looks a lot more beefier with the 4 1/2 rim. You may be able to go with a 170 with that fender. I'm running a 160 on a stock 01 fxd frame with no mods (same fxdx shocks).

Again - Nice work and I am looking forward to more progress and pictures.
George

Old 12-05-2009, 10:50 PM
BlockHead96
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by fryejs
I have a 2001 super glide sport that I have put a fatboy front end on with street glide front fender and full length FL rear fender. The wheels are from a fatboy (slotted) and everything is powder coated with wrinkle black. btw i have kept the speedo and tach in orig location for my riding habits. also i kept the stock ride height. Let me know what you think.
Attachment 81883

Now that's flippin cool! You just gotta lower the *** end on that thing and a lo-pro solo! Call it done!

Quick Reply: cross a fatboy and a dyna and get...