Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tool box and a/c paint

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 01:30 PM
Taddeoeg
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Okay, I painted the toolbox to match but when I had pulled it off I noticed it's banging against the band on the battery box. Makes sense since it's mounted to the swingarm.

Since the damage is already done I put it back on but used some 1/4" spacers to move it out a bit. I'll keep an eye on it and see if that solves the problem. If not I'll trash it. Been trying to decide what I want to do about the batt box band anyways so that doesn't overly concern me.

Attached Thumbnails Tool box and a/c paint-cimg0194.jpg  
Old 03-14-2010, 02:25 PM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

How does the tool kit mount ...? I kind of like them ... they were on the early Duo Glides mounted real similar to how yours is mounted .... They also make them smooth (vice ribbed surface) and in gloss black ....

Not sure I'm sold on the A/C, but if you like it ...

R/
'Chop

Old 03-14-2010, 03:24 PM
Taddeoeg
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SURFOR Chop
How does the tool kit mount ...? I kind of like them ... they were on the early Duo Glides mounted real similar to how yours is mounted .... They also make them smooth (vice ribbed surface) and in gloss black ....

Not sure I'm sold on the A/C, but if you like it ... R/ 'Chop
There's a bracket, sort of L shaped. The bottom mounts to the swingarm using the threaded holes where passenger footpegs would go. They include two lengths of bolts in case you have the pegs.

The upright part of the L is vertical and the toolbox mounts to it with three bolts through the back of the box. I put spacers behind the tool box to move it out from the bracket. Seems to be clearing the battery box band now.

Another minor issue arose on a ride today. Vibration causes the hinge pin to slip up out of the hinge. Not completely - hinge is probably 6" long and the pin only rose about 1-1/2" before hanging up, but definitely annoying. I'll probably squash the top of the hinge roll a bit to stop that from happening.

As for the a/c, if we all liked the same thing there'd only be one model scoot sold in the same color with no options.