Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suction cup pass. seat?

Old 03-11-2010, 11:38 PM
T-Dub
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Suction cup pass. seat?

I have a seat set up I got from a forum member here and have modified it to be able to quickly add or remove it from the bike. the only problem I am having is I don't like the Big knurled **** that I have to keep on the rear fender. I was thinking that I should take the pass seat and add suction cups to it so that I could get rid of the that **** and put the original black plug that has the bar and shield logo back on there. So, is the suction cups a good idea? are they solid and stable enough to keep the seat under my wifes butt? If not, that would be a huge problem for me. If she falls off, She might recover some day and then I would have to move to Mexico. Any input would be helpful.

Old 03-11-2010, 11:51 PM
SaltyHawg
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Creative idea but I'd flush it down the toilet unless you want to lose a wife.

Old 03-11-2010, 11:56 PM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

hey man i know you have denim paint to my vivid, but when you run the passenger seat, what are you using to keep it off the paint, and what kind of damage (if any) are you seeing on your rear fender?

Old 03-11-2010, 11:59 PM
T-Dub
Outstanding HDF Member

Salty, thanks for the reply. I just can't imagine it being stable enough.

Toast, I have the stock rubber pads attached to the bottom of the pass. seat now. So far, haven't noticed any problems. I used the pads off the original seat. The seat I have is the HD Sundowner and pass. pillion I think from a SuperGlide. I am not sure, but it fits great and the price couldn't have been better. 88 bucks from a forum member.

Old 03-12-2010, 12:25 AM
venturaoutfit
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My buddy has one with suction cups and he has been using it for years with absolutely no problem at all but he does have a gloss paint which might help it stick better than the satin finish. But yeah they sell them like that so I can't immagine them being too unsafe.

Old 03-12-2010, 03:50 AM
Pirate Boy
Tourer

Originally Posted by T-Dub
I have a seat set up I got from a forum member here and have modified it to be able to quickly add or remove it from the bike. the only problem I am having is I don't like the Big knurled **** that I have to keep on the rear fender. I was thinking that I should take the pass seat and add suction cups to it so that I could get rid of the that **** and put the original black plug that has the bar and shield logo back on there. So, is the suction cups a good idea? are they solid and stable enough to keep the seat under my wifes butt? If not, that would be a huge problem for me. If she falls off, She might recover some day and then I would have to move to Mexico. Any input would be helpful.
I had/have the suction cup pillion. Got it when i first bought my bob till i got a "real" seat lol. My wife rode on it one day for about a 100 miles and was so sore she could hardly walk the next day,said she might as well just rode on the fender. Didn't seem to move under her but when she got off it came loose and hit the ground. Almost dumped her taking off from a stop sign with no butt stop for her to :-) she was half off the bike dragging a leg ( dam it took a while to live that one down lol)

Imho make her ride as nice and comfy as yours. as they say if the wife is happy NO ONE is happy :-)

just my 2 cents

Peace
Ride Safe

Old 03-12-2010, 04:13 AM
jmpancoast
Outstanding HDF Member

P-pads with suction cups are good to have on hand to transport a new acquintance from a bar to a motel up to five miles away. If she is sore the next day, you can beat on your chest and take all the credit.

If you end up marrying her, buy a decent quality two-up seat.

Old 03-12-2010, 07:43 AM
J-RoX
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

jmp = my favorite answer.

i have a suction cup p-pad. longest ride a chick lasted was just over 30 min. ... her a$$ didn't hurt as much as her chin. She wasn't ready for the front tire to come so far off the ground and her chin caught my shoulder rather hard. she was also quite pissed when she sat in the drivers seat, i believe it went something like this "You son of a bleach! I could have been this comfortable the entire time!!!!!"

uh no, your on back.

Old 03-12-2010, 08:52 PM
T-Dub
Outstanding HDF Member

It ain't a p-pad. It's the sundowner style pillion. It's nice and comfy. I am asking if I attach it to the fender with suction cups if it will fall off when riding. I wouldn't think it would, but I don't know.

Old 03-12-2010, 11:30 PM
tatfreek1
Cruiser

dude the suction cups wont work unless you have a gloss paint job if your running the denim its not gonna work if you rock the glossy it will as long as you find a descent way to attach the cups to the seat.good luck i think its a cool idea.