Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sputhe Engineering Dyna Chassis stabilizer.

Old 04-14-2010, 11:14 AM
plumbertom
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Probably the best indication, to me anyway, that the stabilizer was needed on the rear, came while installing it.
In order to install the stabilizer link arm where the the two frame bolts go into the mount you have to remove both of them together.
When I did so I got a minor movement that wouldn't let the new bolts thread so I used my pry bar between the trany and frame to shift the mount just a RCH.
I was amazed at the side movement across the rear motor mount with very little pressure on the lever. I had to move the engine far further than you would expect in order to move the mount a tiny bit at the frame .
No matter how you slice it, that engine is moving when you apply throttle if it has any torque at all.

Old 04-14-2010, 11:23 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I'm going to say...after taking a ride this past weekend. I have the TT installed. My back end still felt squirrely. I didn't like it at all. That's what made me buy a new rear tire. Feels better but not perfect.

Old 04-14-2010, 11:28 AM
BoomerBob
Elite HDF Member

I'm thinking if the rear tire is no longer tracking straight the tire is moving in a side ways motion, albeit a very small amount, so that rear tire is wearing faster.

If this thought is correct then over time the stabilizer will pay for itself in tire cost savings. Not to mention less downtime.

Old 03-17-2011, 03:44 PM
ksscooter
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I installed the Sputhe stabilizer kit on my 07' Street Bob as the last addition to my Superbrace and Progressive shocks and fork springs winter handling upgrades. The bike feels smoother, more competent, and safer as if it were glued to the road. I'm ready for my May trip to Colorado! I do wish I had it all done before my trip through the Arkansas Ozarks last summer.

Old 05-12-2011, 04:14 PM
stickman62
3rd Gear
Default Where did you put the shims

Originally Posted by archergodwin
I got a new and better handling motorcycle, by performing the following:
1. Rear wheel alignment. (free - I did it)
2. Vehicle alignment. (free - I did it)
3. Front motor mount shim. (fender washers from hardware store... $2.00).

You guys that are all hot after the stabilizers, ought to try the services before you do it. It may say you some bucks.... it may not... but it might be worth a try.
Im guessing you shimmed the front mount on the lower part of the mount, yes?

Old 05-12-2011, 08:29 PM
stickman62
3rd Gear
Thumbs up 90% difference in ride

You guys that are all hot after the stabilizers, ought to try the services before you do it. It may say you some bucks.... it may not... but it might be worth a try.
I used 2 flat fender washers on the front mount, also I lowered the front by sliding the fork tubes up 1/2 inch in the trees.
Infrig'ncredible at the ride now.
I just flew up 280N here in beautiful N, Ca, speeds over 100mph vith very little, and I mean 90% of the sway, wobble, crap ride is gone.
This dude is a genius, I say all this and forgot to say, I never align'd crap, probably will help, but hands down it cost 60 cents for the washers
and 10 minutes to install.
Well done well done!!!!!!!!!!!

The following users liked this post:
mpescatori (01-09-2017)
Old 05-12-2011, 08:51 PM
dlstanf2
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Old 05-13-2011, 03:47 PM
stickman62
3rd Gear
Default Pics of work performed in my album.

Again I want to thank you for my sled......

Old 05-13-2011, 03:53 PM
stickman62
3rd Gear
Wink Pics of work performed

Nice job

Attached Thumbnails Sputhe Engineering Dyna Chassis stabilizer.-img_0107.jpg   Sputhe Engineering Dyna Chassis stabilizer.-img_0107.jpg   Sputhe Engineering Dyna Chassis stabilizer.-img_0108.jpg   Sputhe Engineering Dyna Chassis stabilizer.-img_0110.jpg  
Old 05-13-2011, 05:35 PM
dlstanf2
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Nothing personal, but $2 worth of fender washers is really "Monkey-Engineering". Might work, but come on, $15K for a motorcycle and not willing to invest some thought and money for a Well Engineered & Machined Part??

At least I took the effort to use a solid piece of brass, square it up & drill holes, and make into a shim that would make full contact between the motor mount and Frame Bracket. Matter of fact, I made two shims, just in case. Didn't need the shims, but I gave some thought to the process.

Must be in the same camp with "use a piece of pipe & knock a hole in the muffler".

Sure, my positrac stabilizer cost me some bucks, but I saved the money to make that investment. You could say that "soda-a-day-habit" of mine over a years time, (which I quit for the year) cost me the same. Now that my stabilizer is paid for and installed, I can drink my soda and admire my accomplishment.

BTW, I did the same for my fairing, which should arrive in another week or so. (Cut back on that extra burger at lunch. Saved me another $1.50 a day and I shed some extra pounds as well!!) I'll post pics once I get it installed.

By no means do I fault anyone with trying to save a few dollars. I'm one that love's Mudd's "Under $50 Thread".

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sputhe Engineering Dyna Chassis stabilizer.