Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Solo Seat Options

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 07:41 PM
NHNightster
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Solo Seat Options

The stock seat on my Street Bob is killing my lower back and I need to look into what’s out there for options. Please post what you have for a solo seat on your SB, any comments and a picture if you can.

Thanks in advance.
Carl

Old 06-26-2010, 08:36 PM
ZeroFiveFour
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Mustang vintage solo has a nice lip for added back support. Keeps me from sliding under acceleration unlike my other seat, le-pera bare bones. The Mustang is a very comfy seat. I have done over 700 mile days with no issues. Great seat for comfort.

Cheers,

Tom

Old 06-27-2010, 12:03 AM
MyBeerBelly
Tourer

Corbin hollywood solo! Awesome comfortable all day long solo! Plus it is a hot looker! Check out my pics...
-Jay

Old 06-27-2010, 05:08 AM
nkauf21
Outstanding HDF Member

C&C lopro solo. It's a great seat.

Old 06-27-2010, 06:11 AM
HDMarkyB
Road Captain

Ya may wanna look into your bars too...I find that on my FatBob they lean me just a bit forward-enough to bug my lower back as well. I have a solo from a 09 Street Bob and it's not the problem! I think i'm gonna look into some 6" pull-back risers to sit me up straight. Just a thought-Don't always blame the seat!!!

Old 06-27-2010, 09:03 AM
Taddeoeg
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I just put a C&C Solo on my 07 Street Bob. Rode back and forth to work (9 miles each way) a couple times this week. My initial impression is that it seems to sit a bit closer to the front than the stock seat. When I get on the bike I feel like I'm sitting on the back raised lip rather than in the seat and need to scootch forward slightly.

Yesterday I put 150+ miles on it and while I'm getting more used to the seating position, I'm not yet convinced its any more comfortable than the stocker. My butt starting hurting around 100 miles which is about the same as the stocker. So I'm still considering something else for road trips - maybe a Mustang vintage, maybe a two-up something to facilitate luggage.

Keep in mind that it isn't broken in yet - that may well make a difference. I'll post an update when I have a 1000 miles or so on it.

Old 06-27-2010, 09:24 AM
kenfm2000
Cruiser

I have a c&c solo. It is more comfortable for me than the stock solo. I've got about 2500 on it so it should be broken in by now. I can go longer than I could on the stock seat before my butt starts hurting. I had a Corbin Hollywood solo on my nightster. That seat was comfortable all day for me. l am considering getting a Corbin after putting on 500 miles a few day ago on the C&C. At around the 300 mile mark I really started getting sore.

Questions for hollywood solo owners on a dyna. Can you mount a solo rack like the motherwell? it uses the stock seat bolt for the front of the rack. Or would i have to get a rigid solo rack?

Old 06-27-2010, 10:22 AM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

I have the C&C Solo and I love it. My back doesn't hurt anymore, but my butt starts to tingle @ 150miles or more so just in time for gas and a stretch, then I'm good to go again. But I just put it on this ride season and only got about 500 miles on with all this rain sticking around. So I'm sure once I get more riding in it will get better.

Old 06-27-2010, 11:16 AM
manitobabob
Intermediate
Default You can't always blame it on the seat...

Remember, riding positions that look cool in the city can be extremely uncomfortable for touring. I think HDMarkyB is on the right track. Last month I put 2,800 mile on in a week with my Street Bob and had no problems with the stock seat. What I did have was a FXRG kidney belt and I used a Bikers Friend bag with back rest. I had the mini apes angled for a comfortable upright position. My seat was occasionally sore, but the hail, snow, rain and sand storms were a much bigger issue.

Old 06-27-2010, 11:40 AM
lo-rider
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default comfy seat

[quote=ZeroFiveFour;6918780]Mustang vintage solo...

That is such a great looking seat. Did you notice any change in stand-over height from stock? The stock 2-up seat on mine could be more comfortable for long trips, but I'm nearly on tip-toes as it is so wouldn't want to increase the height.

OP, I have found that when sitting nearly vertical I feel every bump up my spine, to the point of being painful at times, but a leaning-forward slightly position eases this and moves your weight off your sit-bones and onto your thighs, distributing your weight over a larger area and taking your spine out of column.

I am considering having my original seat customized for better personal fit/comfort, rather than trial-and-error buying and selling aftermarket seats till I find one which fits me. But that Mustang Vintage Solo is beautiful.

Quick Reply: Solo Seat Options