Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Combination Digital Speedometer/Analog Tachometer

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2014, 11:19 AM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

The only problem you may encounter is a u code being thrown. Some of the speedo/tachs has a clinch with the older models. I had a hd combo and it threw the engine light every few minutes. Serial data is the code it showed. I finally went with a Dakota digital. It even shows what gear your in. There is no fuel gauge but it has a mileage count down. You can find it easy enough for around the same price.
just a thought.

Old 08-04-2014, 04:33 PM
ultra_classic
Club Member
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Airborne350G
That is why I am looking for someone who might have added this to an older model or someone who works at a dealership and would be able to tell me the difference between an '09+ and an '08 and earlier.
I'm on a phone so forgive me if this has been answered in detail
The main difference is the CAN BUS, this is what the vehicle information travels on, like tach, gear position, distance to empty calculations, in 2007 Nope, 08 some models, 09 most models
I installed PN 70900001A on my wife's 08 FXDF Fatbob, the tach,speedo, clock,odometers, switching from Kms to Miles all work great, 6th gear and neutral lights work fine. The only thing that doesn't work is the trip/distance to empty calc.
I am fine with that, as we wanted a tach and also to switch from Km to miles, when you order it from your dealer you have to give them the mileage and Pre pay, and it come "burned" with the correct kms or Us miles, after that it is plug and play
Cheers Ultra

Old 09-23-2014, 08:28 AM
samk9lover
Tourer
Received 51 Likes on 30 Posts

I just installed a new combo speedometer on my 2011 Road king classic! I got a great deal less than 1/2 price at a open house sale.
I installed it the next day took all of 45 minutes and I am no Harley mechanic just a do it your self-er. No problems I followed the instructions for a change. Also there are you tube videos that I watched first.
New speedometer works great as advertized and looks good .
Sam