Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New handling Bob

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 04:28 PM
cornishman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New handling Bob

I recently changed a few things on my Bob. Aluminium rims with stainless spokes front and back, fitted with new for me Avon Venom 110x19 front and Avon Storm 160x17 rear. Changed the fork springs for Hagon progressive,s with Motorex 10w oil, this matches the Hagon rear shocks which i have had on for a year or so. While i had the front end apart i had the lowers blacked out. My findings so far after 100 miles or so.... the bike turns in much easier, holds a line much better without the groove / white line following antics of the stock Dunlops. Whether this is down to any one part of the changes i can,t say, although i suspect, reading from others on the forum its a combination of them all.

Attached Thumbnails New handling Bob-dscf0613.jpg  
Old 08-14-2010, 08:12 PM
sharkey
Grand HDF Member
Received 442 Likes on 264 Posts

The stock Dunlops are terrible on grooves; lighter weight (esp unsprung) is always better...glad to see someone else on here who appreciates the potential improvement available in these bikes for only a lot of money.

Attached Thumbnails New handling Bob-fxdxt-11-may.jpg  
Old 08-14-2010, 08:24 PM
pcbunn
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

How did you black out the fork sliders, paint or powercoat or something else like black anodizing? I'm thinking about doing it to my WG and some folks have said just paint them and others say powercoating is best. But since they are aluminum they could be anodized I think. How did you do yours/ They look good on your bike.

Old 08-14-2010, 09:09 PM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 972 Likes on 735 Posts

I have exactly the same tire combo as you and they made a world of difference in lots of ways. Worth the money.

Old 08-14-2010, 09:33 PM
bigdaddy33
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I switched to the Avon Venom's years ago and they are great tires. So much better than than the stock Dunlops. Not at all familiar with Hagon shocks though.Are they mostly sold in the UK?

Old 08-15-2010, 12:59 AM
cornishman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks guys. The lowers were coated with a 2 part pack mix. The local company that did them suggested this rather than powder coating (which they could have done) so i went with it, only time will tell about longevity.
As you say bigdaddy3 Hagons are a UK company, they have been making shocks, wheel building etc. for many years. I would,nt say they are top end stuff like Ollins but they build to your weight and riding style at a good price with a good reputation, certainly far better than the stock pogo sticks. I agree Sharkey, i,ve had a lot of decent handling bikes, mostly Italian, so i just wanted to improve the Bob, maybe a True-Trak when funds allow. Nevil it looks as though we are not too far apart on specs, exhaust systems excluded.LOL. I have to say the improvements came from ideas / bikes on the forum so a big thankyou to all ...... and keep emptying my pockets.... i,d only waste it.