Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flat Track Handlebars

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 04:10 PM
shiftace
Road Warrior
Received 711 Likes on 328 Posts

here's the nightsters on 6in risers

Attached Thumbnails Flat Track Handlebars-100_0617.jpg   Flat Track Handlebars-100_0618.jpg  
Old 10-20-2010, 01:47 AM
HemiOrange
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SPECIAL ED
I had the H5 but I know what you're talking about.I liked them allot better than the original mini apes on my street bob and the Santee mini apes I have now.I know, why do I have apes now? Long story, basically I went with looks over comfort.I thought the apes looked better with the seat and back rest I have now.In any case the bars in my sig pic are Flanders flat track bars and I liked them allot.I think you'll find the wide width will make the steering feel lighter and the lower height will be more comfortable at speed.
I really like the look of those bars, ED, and agree that the lower and wider bars greatly improve handling. I got similar geometry with 4-1/2" risers (1-1/2" pullback) and 30-1/2" drag bars with about 5 inches pullback. I since went with 8" risers just to take up the cable slack. I needed to use risers in order to custom mount my relocated speedo.

I lost some of the low speed handling with the taller risers, but my hand/wrist alignment is way way better than the buckhorns that I had.

Old 10-20-2010, 01:54 AM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member

Check these Trackers out from Biltwell
http://www.biltwellinc.com/bars.php

Old 10-21-2010, 02:24 AM
HemiOrange
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by parts eeter
Check these Trackers out from Biltwell
http://www.biltwellinc.com/bars.php
Good info there. Too many places I looked didn't even spec out the width. I see the Trackers are 30" wide, about perfect by my standards.

Old 10-22-2010, 03:46 PM
bigdaddy33
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I must be blind. When I click on the link, I don't see any specs other than the wall thickness of the bar.

Originally Posted by HemiOrange
Good info there. Too many places I looked didn't even spec out the width. I see the Trackers are 30" wide, about perfect by my standards.

Old 10-23-2010, 12:15 AM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member
Old 11-20-2010, 10:39 AM
AQuartLow
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any thoughts guys on how the H5 would look over a narrow glide? Or do we think the G5 might be better?

I can't stand it when the base of the bar over-hangs the trees before they bend up. The guy I bought my 2005 FXDL from had Wide Glide 12" apes put on it and they drive me nuts.

Old 11-20-2010, 11:49 AM
SPECIAL ED
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by AQuartLow
Any thoughts guys on how the H5 would look over a narrow glide? Or do we think the G5 might be better?

I can't stand it when the base of the bar over-hangs the trees before they bend up. The guy I bought my 2005 FXDL from had Wide Glide 12" apes put on it and they drive me nuts.
I know what you're talking about, I've seen a Sportster with "wide" bars it does look a bit odd.But most flat track bars are going to have a base that is at least a little wider than a narrow glide front end.If you're concerned about it just get the G5 or Nightster bars.We already know how Nightster bars will look with that front end.Something else to think about is the wide H5 bars are comfortable for people who have broad shoulders or long arms if you don't fit into that catagory you're going to be happier with the narrower bars anyway.

Old 11-25-2010, 02:19 AM
AQuartLow
Advanced

This is me trying to quote SPECIAL ED and learning how to use all the functions on this forum. Sorry guys, computers and I don't always see eye to eye.

Last edited by AQuartLow; 11-25-2010 at 02:22 AM. Reason: I just learned how to insert a quote box. Wahoo!
Old 11-25-2010, 02:22 AM
AQuartLow
Advanced

Originally Posted by SPECIAL ED
Something else to think about is the wide H5 bars are comfortable for people who have broad shoulders or long arms if you don't fit into that catagory you're going to be happier with the narrower bars anyway.
Aha! That's a good point, I didn't even think about that. I've got real long arms so I'll look for a wider bar. Thanks man!

Quick Reply: Flat Track Handlebars