Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed! FatBob Headlight on Street Bob

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 01:17 PM
leepetersusn
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed! FatBob Headlight on Street Bob

Well, I finally did it. I've installed a Fat Bob headlight on my 2006 Street Bob. I like it. I have searched and searched and think I MAY be the first one to do this. Had to have a custom one off aluminum bracket fabricated to make it fit, but it's in there. Here are some pics. I guess I could have shined it up a little first, but here it is anyway.

Old 11-15-2010, 01:18 PM
jb27
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks good!

Old 11-15-2010, 01:51 PM
Robbie13
LOSER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think it looks great on there.

Old 11-15-2010, 01:59 PM
CRF
Outstanding HDF Member

OK - I was gonna ask.......... For the Love of God Why??????????? seeing as I can't stand those dual headlights on the Fatbob; it's the one of the reasons I didn't by one....... but that actually doesn't look too bad. To be honest I think it looks a heck of a lot better on your streetbob than it does on the fatbob; I'm not sure why - but I don't hate it.

Old 11-15-2010, 02:49 PM
O-Town D
Road Master
Received 61 Likes on 45 Posts
Cool Yo, Pete!

I think your headlight conversion looks cool, and I admire the extra step you took when there were no other resources available to accomplish your mod. Nice job! Peace.

Old 11-15-2010, 03:25 PM
blacknsilver
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I like it too.

Old 11-15-2010, 03:28 PM
leepetersusn
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CRF
OK - I was gonna ask.......... For the Love of God Why??????????? seeing as I can't stand those dual headlights on the Fatbob; it's the one of the reasons I didn't by one....... but that actually doesn't look too bad. To be honest I think it looks a heck of a lot better on your streetbob than it does on the fatbob; I'm not sure why - but I don't hate it.
Maybe it's because it's a narrower front tire... It looks different. Not the same ole same if you know what I mean.

Old 11-15-2010, 03:32 PM
mwswarrior
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice look. The dual was part of the reason I bought my Fat Bob.

Old 11-15-2010, 04:06 PM
Punchsmack
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like it, a lot.

You should have the same person make a few extra brackets and sell them here (can even get the orders pre-paid in advance too). You might be surprised on how many you can sell.

I might be interested.

And it's going to be funny/annoying when all the HD knowledgeable people come up and ask you what kind of bike it is....cause they'll be confused. The stupid people won't know either way. :-)

Last edited by Punchsmack; 11-15-2010 at 04:16 PM.
Old 11-15-2010, 04:26 PM
CRF
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by leepetersusn
Maybe it's because it's a narrower front tire... It looks different. Not the same ole same if you know what I mean.
looking at it closely I think it is due to the narrower forks on the SB..... the headlights fill up the space better than on the wider FB forks. That headlight on the FB just looks wrong to my eye; I've even seen it on a few WideGlides too and it doesn't work on those either so I'm thinking it must the width of the forks that make it work on yours ............ anyway; nicely done.

Quick Reply: Installed! FatBob Headlight on Street Bob