Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Battery Cover Bag? Pics - Ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 04:33 PM
harlista01
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Battery Cover Bag? Pics - Ideas?

I have been thinking about getting a leather bag to attach to my battery cover. I have seen a few members with that on their bikes. I did a search to see if I could find something but did not find a direct thread that addressed this.

I am looking for something basic, I have a friend of mine who makes holsters so he might do it for me. I was thinking in terms of something that was not too big, perhaps it could be expandable so when not in use, it would not stick out much.

If you guys have done this or have any links let me know.

Thanks,

Harlista01

Old 02-22-2011, 10:08 PM
Robbie13
LOSER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just used a larger fork tool bag on mine. It is made out of poly so when it is not full it doesn't stick out too much. Mine was made by Carroll Leather, but they have discontinued it. Just look for an oversize tool bag.

Old 02-23-2011, 09:07 AM
hungoverdog
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Robbie13
I just used a larger fork tool bag on mine. It is made out of poly so when it is not full it doesn't stick out too much. Mine was made by Carroll Leather, but they have discontinued it. Just look for an oversize tool bag.
How did you attach it?

Old 02-23-2011, 09:48 AM
lukemc7
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hungoverdog
How did you attach it?
From what ive seen on friends bikes and bikes around the forum is they attatch it through the holes that are under the band that is on the cover. One of my friends just took a leather punch, put the four holes in his bag made a simple metal bracket to go inside the bag with the same four holes and put some small bolts through it.

Old 02-23-2011, 11:07 AM
rjsimmons
Road Captain
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Robbie13
Robbie, I am still wanting that bag of yours! so, if you ever decide you want a change, let's make a deal

I found an HD sissy bar bag to put on my battery cover. Punched 3 holes and used flush screws to attach it.

Old 02-23-2011, 11:20 AM
FenceSC
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lukemc7
From what ive seen on friends bikes and bikes around the forum is they attatch it through the holes that are under the band that is on the cover. One of my friends just took a leather punch, put the four holes in his bag made a simple metal bracket to go inside the bag with the same four holes and put some small bolts through it.
That's exactly what I did. Attached a standard fork bag. Cut a small metal plate, about the size of the original band. This gives you a surface to attach the bolts to and helps reinforce the bag. I'll take some pictures this evening and post them, for now here is a pic that shows what it looks like.

Attached Thumbnails Battery Cover Bag? Pics - Ideas?-121910.jpg  
Old 02-23-2011, 02:22 PM
Robbie13
LOSER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rjsimmons
Robbie, I am still wanting that bag of yours! so, if you ever decide you want a change, let's make a deal

I found an HD sissy bar bag to put on my battery cover. Punched 3 holes and used flush screws to attach it.

Ha, ha. I don't think I will be getting rid of it. Since they don't make it anymore, they are hard to come by. I wish I would have bought several. They weren't but about 30 bucks apiece.
As far as how I attached it, I just used some very large ty-wraps and went around the frame under the seat.

Old 02-23-2011, 03:11 PM
CRZYLGZZ
Road Warrior

Great idea...I saw a nylon camera bag setup that double as a sunglasses glove holder. If i come across it ill link it here.

Old 02-23-2011, 03:50 PM
Coxbow
Road Captain

this was my leather battery bag, it's a HD bag, got it for 10$ at a swapmeet

I bolted it to the cover using the existing wholes from the battery rim...

Old 02-23-2011, 04:00 PM
Reaper_ggy
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FenceSC
That's exactly what I did. Attached a standard fork bag. Cut a small metal plate, about the size of the original band. This gives you a surface to attach the bolts to and helps reinforce the bag. I'll take some pictures this evening and post them, for now here is a pic that shows what it looks like.
Did you made that sissy bar ?

Quick Reply: Battery Cover Bag? Pics - Ideas?