Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turn Signal security module

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 06:35 PM
VA Biker
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turn Signal security module

Does anyone know where it is on a 09 Fat Bob?

Old 02-26-2011, 07:41 PM
R_W_B
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by VA Biker
Does anyone know where it is on a 09 Fat Bob?
Probably in the same place it is on my 07 Street Bob. In the fuse box (left side of bike under seat). The TSSM will be the black square box on the left side (facing the bike) of the fuse box.

Do you have a problem with signals or security?

Old 02-26-2011, 08:03 PM
O-Town D
Road Master
Received 61 Likes on 45 Posts

"Turn Signal security module - Does anyone know where it is on a 09 Fat Bob?"

See part #15....

Attached Thumbnails Turn Signal security module-sc0030e00e.jpg  
Old 02-27-2011, 10:08 AM
VA Biker
Tourer

Originally Posted by R_W_B
Probably in the same place it is on my 07 Street Bob. In the fuse box (left side of bike under seat). The TSSM will be the black square box on the left side (facing the bike) of the fuse box.

Do you have a problem with signals or security?

This will explain. I think I fried it. Idont know.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...ar-lights.html

Old 02-27-2011, 10:32 AM
R_W_B
Road Captain
This will explain. I think I fried it. Idont know.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...ar-lights.html
Now for some reason the left sig will not come on. I used a test light and checked the purple wire all the way to the other side of the run,turn ,stop module. I got no power now. The right signal light comes on but just in run mode,it will not blink for the signal or get brighter when I hit the brakes like the left side did earlier.
Hmmm I've have seen this before and a guy nailed it by replacing the Run-Turn module. Try removing the Run-Turn plug in and see if it blinks then.
Now Im finding the bike wont start. When I it the run switch I hear the fuel pump run but the yellow light dosent come on and it wont turn over.

The traced the wire (purple signal wire) back to the turn signal security module on the wiring diagram?
Hmmm this sounds a bit more interesting. Did you check all your fuses? And just for the heck of it check your Fob battery, I had one from H.D. go bad after 4 weeks.
And I guess you know now anytime you are working with electrical, disconnect the neg battery cable first. Put masking tape over the Batt terminal for safety.

Old 02-27-2011, 05:37 PM
VA Biker
Tourer

Hmmm I've have seen this before and a guy nailed it by replacing the Run-Turn module. Try removing the Run-Turn plug in and see if it blinks then.

Hmmm this sounds a bit more interesting. Did you check all your fuses? And just for the heck of it check your Fob battery, I had one from H.D. go bad after 4 weeks.
And I guess you know now anytime you are working with electrical, disconnect the neg battery cable first. Put masking tape over the Batt terminal for safety.
I did remove the run turn stop module and it didnt change anything. I checked the fuses. The bike wont start. I hit the run button and the fuel pump runs but the yellow engin light dosent come on. It wont turn over,.

Im not sure what to do at this point.

Old 02-27-2011, 06:36 PM
R_W_B
Road Captain
Smile

I did remove the run turn stop module and it didnt change anything. I checked the fuses. The bike wont start. I hit the run button and the fuel pump runs but the yellow engin light dosent come on. It wont turn over,. Im not sure what to do at this point.
Ok I'm checking with some other guys on this. In the meantime please refresh me on the background. I realize the bike doesn't start but just to cover bases.

1. One rear sig works other doesn't correct ?

2. Do the front sigs work ?

3. Did you switch bulbs in the sigs? (if it's the rear it's prolly single element but just to cover bases)

Don't rush off just yet for a $1XX.xx TSSM, let me see what I can find out first, then maybe.

Old 02-27-2011, 06:49 PM
VA Biker
Tourer

[QUOTE=R_W_B;7978585]Ok I'm checking with some other guys on this. In the meantime please refresh me on the background. I realize the bike doesn't start but just to cover bases.

1. One rear sig works other doesn't correct ? right side comes on but dosent blink or get brighter when i hit the brake.left side dosent come on

2. Do the front sigs work ? they come on but dont blink

3. Did you switch bulbs in the sigs? (if it's the rear it's prolly single element but just to cover bases) the bulbs are the original single element

Don't rush off just yet for a $1XX.xx TSSM, let me see what I can find out first, then maybe.[/QUOTE
Thanks for the help

Old 02-27-2011, 07:02 PM
R_W_B
Road Captain
Smile

... .... .....
1. One rear sig works other doesn't correct ?
right side comes on but dosent blink or get brighter when i hit the brake.left side dosent come on

2. Do the front sigs work ?
they come on but dont blink

3. Did you switch bulbs in the sigs?
(if it's the rear it's prolly single element but just to cover bases) the bulbs are the original single element ... ....
So no sigs blink at all, front, rear nothing but running lights ?

Old 02-27-2011, 07:20 PM
VA Biker
Tourer

So no sigs blink at all, front, rear nothing but running lights ?
Yes, just running lights except left rear dosent come on at all.

Quick Reply: Turn Signal security module