Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna Batwing wind management

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 02:45 PM
Fixintu
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the real-world-tested feedback Bry. I didn't want to spend 100s of $ without some positive feedback first. Is that a 7" headlight on yours? I'm looking at getting the King Cobra 7" to replace my FB dual.

Old 05-09-2011, 05:32 PM
stewbeezer
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Here are some photos of my MS Batwing on a 2007 Superglide. I used MS fairing PN: 2330-0017 and MS mounting hardware PN: 2320-0029. I have a Clearview 8" windshield with the recurve and a light tint and the MS Air Deflectors. The headlight is a 7" Headwinds Tomahawk. I plan on replacing the handlebars to lower them a little. I like the look of my bike with it on. I’ve ridden a couple of times with it on and you do get some airflow, but I didn’t notice any buffeting.

Attached Thumbnails Dyna Batwing wind management-001-2-.jpg   Dyna Batwing wind management-002-2-.jpg  
Old 05-09-2011, 08:00 PM
perki48
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,082 Likes on 1,909 Posts

Originally Posted by Wyde Glyde Bry
I prefer my batwing for looks and airflow. I believe this is the second season I've ridden with the Memphis Shades and it's much better than before:

+1, I was hoping Bry would put in his 2 bits. I have not had mine long but already love it, And buffeting is much less than a windshield.

Attached Thumbnails Dyna Batwing wind management-001.jpg  
Old 05-09-2011, 08:09 PM
Snarvol
Cruiser
Default Slightly off topic BUT...

Perki48
Tell me about that front fender???

Old 05-09-2011, 08:19 PM
perki48
Seasoned HDF Member

Snarvol, I think your referring to WideglydeBry's front fender, mine is the thumbnail with the stock fender.

Old 05-09-2011, 08:40 PM
Snarvol
Cruiser
Default WideglydeBry

Perki48
Oops -thanks - Sandpoint is sure pretty country. Used to trail ride up there when I went to school in Moscow.

WideglydeBry: Tell me about that front fender. PM if you want.

Old 05-09-2011, 08:44 PM
perki48
Seasoned HDF Member

Yeh, it does look different than Palo Duro Canyon.

Old 05-09-2011, 08:53 PM
confederate
Most Wanted
Received 806 Likes on 392 Posts

I too have been considering putting a batwing fairing on my bike and was leaning towards the new Memphis Shades model. While I was in Laughlin for the River Run, I visited the Tsukayu booth and looked at their fairing for the the dyna. They offered me a show discount that included free installation using my own HD quick release hardware from my dyna shield which was too good to pass on. All in all, I spent about double what it would have cost to get the MS model, but got a stereo/cd/mp3 player with 6 1/2" marine grade speakers in gloss black. I knew I would be happy with the MS batwing, but I really wanted a stereo setup as well. It performed well over the 700+ miles home in some very windy conditions. There was much less buffeting than the dyna shield and probably wouldn't have been much at all if it weren't so windy. So far I am very pleased with the purchase. I still need to relocate the front turn signals and possibly get a new headlight ( I am still debating this, as the recessed look is growing on me.) Below is the Tsukayu website link and the only photo I have of the batwing on my bike so far.

http://tsukayu.com/QuickDetachableFairingforDyna.html

Attached Thumbnails Dyna Batwing wind management-batwing.jpg  
Old 05-10-2011, 12:10 AM
HemiOrange
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

This has been some good stuff!

It seems when someone wants to make a Dyna more rideable, someone always has to step in and say "Why don't you just buy a ______?"

I'm perfectly happy with my Dyna, but it is a project in motion. It has so many faces now, that I can switch back and forth in minutes, depending on where I'm riding, the weather and how much gear I'm planning to carry.

I never liked the looks of batwings, but function trumps looks for me, besides that, they are sorta starting to grow on me.....

I'm saving this thread for future reference.

Old 05-10-2011, 06:55 AM
MDStbob
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the Memphis Shades fairing. I used it for a trip to the dragon from Maryland 2 weeks ago. I like it a lot, worked out great. I took it off when I got there. I need to buy the wind deflectors but it was great besides that.
Jim

Quick Reply: Dyna Batwing wind management