Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna Batwing wind management

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 08:04 AM
trip20
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Fixintu
Is that a 7" headlight on yours?
No my headlight is a 5.75" x 9" model from Eastern Performance. Have it on an offset mount to push it up and out a little further. Still sits inside the fairing a bit but not too bad where it looks odd.

Old 05-31-2011, 03:54 PM
daurwid
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SURFOR Chop
I think I've seen on here (it has been a while) where some Dyna riders adapted the Front Fork Air Baffle made for the Touring models ....

The adaptation involves cutting off the upright section (along the red line in the photo below) and drilling a hole centered just aft of the leading edge (represented by the red dot) ... I am not certain, but, I also seem to recall that either edge may need to be radiused to clear the fork tubes (might depend on which front end, narrow-, mid- or wide-glide) ....

I have not ridden a bike with this baffle ... so, have no opinion to offer ... thought I'd put it out there for anyone interested ....

R/
'Chop

I found that you can get this same Air Baffle in black. Part #58520-79B.

Old 05-31-2011, 04:27 PM
M_Ross
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Batwing

Dyna Batwing wind management-imag0161.jpg

Dyna Batwing wind management-imag0162.jpg

Dyna Batwing wind management-imag0163.jpg

My '01 Lowrider with a batwing..Never taking it off. Love the "no wind" and music..

Old 07-11-2011, 05:56 PM
rdmption
Cruiser

I figured I'd jump in...

I actually just purchased a MS Batwing with deflectors for my 07 FXDB moments ago. I stumbled across bikerhaven.net and decided that the "kit" option was unbeatable so I spent the 400 buckaroos. I already have a 14" compact shield from H-D, but find unbearable for long trips; the buffeting gets very intense. Prior to making this purchase I figured that complimenting my 14" shield with MS lowers would cure most of the buffeting, but it definitely didn't. So now I have the complete arsenal from MS for my bob, and I hope it pays off. Essentially, I want to ride in complete comfort. Also, I got a 7" visor so hopefully that would be enough to redirect the air flow over my helmet.

Old 07-11-2011, 06:36 PM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by SURFOR Chop
... some Dyna riders [have] adapted the Front Fork Air Baffle made for the Touring models ....

Originally Posted by daurwid
I found that you can get this same Air Baffle in black. Part #58520-79B.
I just noticed a photo posted by forum member Mascman showing he has the baffle on his bike ... must have been one of the guys who I'd seen doing this mod ....

... perhaps he'll chime in on his experience ....

Mascman ...? ... what say ...?

R/
'Chop

Old 07-12-2011, 05:07 AM
billjoat
Cruiser

New windshield from National Cycle. I needed more coverage for my upper body and this shield REALLY flows the air around me. Of course, I had to be the poser and paint like a harley bat-wing fairing. Flat black from the inside shown through as gloss from the front. Its a little on the tall side, but so am I...6'4" with most all my height in my upper body. It may be painted a little high in the center, Will probably clean paint down a little and square it off a little lower...flat across the middle. This windshield REALLY makes my bike much more stable at a higher speed. Normally my comfort zone w/o a shield tops out at @50 mph. But I'm on Hwy 70 twice a day and with the original HD windshield , my comfort zone is @75. With this shield, 90 is more comfy than 75 with the other one. I shot up to 90 yesterday without really paying attention, backed up to 72 and was in real comfort!!

Attached Thumbnails Dyna Batwing wind management-100_0660.jpg   Dyna Batwing wind management-100_0663.jpg   Dyna Batwing wind management-100_0661.jpg  
Old 07-12-2011, 06:44 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 147 Likes on 122 Posts

In for the knowledge!

Old 07-12-2011, 07:18 AM
LarryLives
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

looked in a bike magazine at the store, I saw the Memphis Shades makes a NEW style bat wing for dynas, I put the mg back on the rack and looked on the website, its not there yet tho... Maybe call them and they can email you the specs and pics, looked nice in the ad they put in the magazine...

Old 07-12-2011, 07:43 AM
expy
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LarryLives
looked in a bike magazine at the store, I saw the Memphis Shades makes a NEW style bat wing for dynas, I put the mg back on the rack and looked on the website, its not there yet tho... Maybe call them and they can email you the specs and pics, looked nice in the ad they put in the magazine...
Work great with a stock headlight.

Last edited by expy; 07-12-2011 at 08:01 AM.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:08 AM
sm0kediver
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by expy
Work great with a stock headlight.

That looks great. Any issues with the handlebar mounted speedo being in the way? Do you have photos from the cockpit side?

That headlight looks kind of 'buried' in there. Does it still light the road as well?

Quick Reply: Dyna Batwing wind management