Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Highway Peg Kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 06:50 PM
crazyanimal
Road Captain
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Highway Peg Kit

Hubby and I just installed the highway peg kit from HD today. We didn't buy them from HD of course, found them online much cheaper.

It was extremely simple. We didn't have any issues with threading them in or anything. I did much of the work and hubby tightened everything up for me.

Old 04-26-2011, 08:36 PM
apehanger65
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

feels good to do it your self!!! keep it up

Old 04-26-2011, 09:18 PM
crazyanimal
Road Captain

Yes it sure does. Anything I think I can do, I will do myself. LOL I installed them on my bike and his. ) I love doing it though, so rewarding. The only thing now is changing the pegs, the ones I have on are too small and not long enough because I am only 5'1" and need to reach my leg around the breather. LOL

Old 04-26-2011, 11:42 PM
Rickl
Road Captain
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I hope you used some blue loctite on the hardware. I think if you search you may find some offset mounts that would bring the pegs back to you. Not sure, but in my search of items I thought I may have ran across something like that. Good job! (now, I am looking to replace the mufflers on my bike - are you available and up to the job?)

Old 04-27-2011, 07:34 AM
Grind
Road Master

Those look like the adjustable mounts. You put them in the full back position, right?

Old 04-27-2011, 07:52 AM
crazyanimal
Road Captain

If I was closer, I would help you with your exhaust. LOL

Yes, the mounts are in the full back position. I tried the closer one but it didn't feel much different of a stretch. I'll know more how it will feel once I get out to ride it and try them out. We've had rain here so can't take it out.

Old 04-27-2011, 08:00 AM
Jbizzle
Road Captain

I have the same problem getting around my breather, I'm 5'7" and on a wide glide. I recently got some kurayken peg extenders to help me out. I've considered a highway bar, but I think these would might work too. Keep us posted. Glad to see another woman who likes to do the work herself. Some of me and my husband's best moments are figuring out how to put a new part on our rides.

Old 04-27-2011, 08:24 AM
apehanger65
Tourer

i have the adjustable highway pegs on my dyna same as you they worked better for me than the non adjustable ones. On my softail i had to bent my leg to get around the carb so i got longer pegs , made a world of difference for me Harley makes them or you can get aftermarket ones from j&p or other vendors

Old 04-27-2011, 08:27 AM
sm0kediver
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Highway pegs are the best money I've spent on my bike to date.

Old 04-27-2011, 09:07 AM
desertrideryz
Road Warrior
Received 25 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Jbizzle
I have the same problem getting around my breather, I'm 5'7" and on a wide glide. I recently got some kurayken peg extenders to help me out. I've considered a highway bar, but I think these would might work too. Keep us posted. Glad to see another woman who likes to do the work herself. Some of me and my husband's best moments are figuring out how to put a new part on our rides.
Highway bars are worth it. I had the same problem with leg around the breather.i put the linby bars on and helmet lock on the bar.The helmt lock helps keep my foot from sliding off

Quick Reply: Highway Peg Kit