Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

race download on the 2006 bob ? who has it

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 12:55 AM
NEONNIGHT34609
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default race download on the 2006 bob ? who has it

i have a set of SE ii slip ons that i have been running for about 1500 miles with no issues i want to install my K&N air filter and have waited and been reading to see how people are making out with the new RACE download from Harley hey said they can set me up for 200 buxs out the door . how many of u have it and like it .. i know everyone will say get a pciii or a sert but i dont really have the funds for that and just want alittle more out of my bike i am not looking to change anything after adding the slip ons and air filter so i really have no need for a programmer i am just looking to help the bike breath better .. i am also looking to install an oil cooler since i live in Florida its almost a must .. being a mechanic i know that heat is a killer . thanks for your info and help on this ..

Old 10-26-2006, 01:15 AM
clayman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: race download on the 2006 bob ? who has it

When i picked up my 2006 fxdbi i had them put on the seII and se/ac and the download, my bike ran great. Some people have reported problems with backfiring but mine was great with no popping at all.

Old 10-26-2006, 01:20 AM
NEONNIGHT34609
Road Captain

thanks for the input..

i have has some popping issues with just my slip ons but it only seems to happen when i roll off the throttle hard . i do notice a little surging i have the 25* injectors already since i got my bike later in 06 .. I'm hoping the download does away with the slight popping and surging .. my question is can the bike be put back to factory specs if the race download is an issue

Old 10-26-2006, 01:32 AM
Whiffleboy
Road Master

They would have to remap back to stock, I believe. I ran the SEIIs and hi-flo A/C for about 1000 miles with a download. I say "a download" because the bozos at my dealership never could tell me which one it was. It was alright and would probably suit your needs. I later installed a DFO and it runs slightly better, though. Plugs look great.

Whiff

Old 10-26-2006, 02:32 AM
clayman
Road Master

Im not sure if they can put it back to stock, i dont see why not its just a computer program. i really dont think you will want to once your done and if you could go back to stock you would be throwing the $200 you spent on the download. I really think you wont have that problem you will be happy with the download.

Old 10-26-2006, 06:08 AM
AZ Rider
Road Warrior

Jamiewideglide has stated he is very pleased with the SERT.

Old 10-26-2006, 12:23 PM
BeavisRules
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have Screaming Eagle slip-ons and the Screaming Eagle Stage one A/C kit. I waited to put the A/C on until I had the funds to either do the racing download or a PCIII. The bike would pop on decell (not very often but it did happen occasionally). I saved up the pennies and got the racing download about a month ago and the bike pulls MUCH better. It doesn't pop anymore and I feel as if it even sounds better.

If you can't afford the PCIII and don't plan on doing anymore mods to the engine then I would recommend the download for you. It worked for me.

Old 10-26-2006, 05:30 PM
hd_sob
Road Master

Does anyone have the part number of this 'race download' ?

How does it differ from the 'regular' download the Stealers usually load up with the SE Stage 1 kits ?

THANKS!

Old 10-26-2006, 06:40 PM
JerrySC
Cruiser

I had the race download put in after about 1500 miles. The bike has always run strong since. My pipes are black and my plugs have never looked lean even after a 300 mile highway drive. Bear in mind there are several different downloads. I have a 2006 Low Rider with 25 degree injectors, AC Stage 1 and SE II slip-ons. I had the dealer give me the box that the program came in for my records. I'd be happy to pass along the numbers if you like. PM me.

Old 10-26-2006, 08:46 PM
hd_sob
Road Master

ORIGINAL: JerrySC

I'd be happy to pass along the numbers if you like.
Here's what they put in mine and I'm NOT happy with it:

34238-06 ($149.95)

Quick Reply: race download on the 2006 bob ? who has it