Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 Lowrider

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 07:10 PM
Tnbrit
Road Captain
Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Default 2007 Lowrider

Hi,this is going to be a really stupid question,but I can't find any info on the Harley website on what makes a Lowrider a Lowrider if you see what I mean?is it just shorter rear shocks,or is there a frame difference?.Also does anyone know if the Passenger footrests are mounted on the swingarm on all the 07 models?.
Thanks,Tnbrit.

Old 10-26-2006, 11:11 PM
TowJam
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 2007 Lowrider

ORIGINAL: Tnbrit

Hi,this is going to be a really stupid question,but I can't find any info on the Harley website on what makes a Lowrider a Lowrider if you see what I mean?is it just shorter rear shocks,or is there a frame difference?.Also does anyone know if the Passenger footrests are mounted on the swingarm on all the 07 models?.
Thanks,Tnbrit.
Same frame, but slammed rear suspension and deeper cut seat. On all the 2-up Dynas, the passenger pegs are attached to the swingarm.

Old 10-26-2006, 11:45 PM
KeithB
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The only stupid question is the one yo udon't ask

Old 10-27-2006, 02:22 AM
misfit
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the front forks are shorter as well via shorter springs.

Old 10-27-2006, 02:31 AM
jmbear328
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Well basically,... The parts that make it a Lowrider are it has more rake and trail from the Superglide and has shorter rear shocks which lowers it and the seat is also cut lower which will place you a lil lower as well. Then there are the extras that its has as a bonus such as tank mounted speedo and black and chrome engine. The frame is esentionally the same as that of the Superglide and Street Bob with the difference being in the rake and trail. And yes, the passenger pegs are mounted on the swingarm.

John

Old 10-27-2006, 09:46 AM
TowJam
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: jmbear328

Well basically,... The parts that make it a Lowrider are it has more rake and trail from the Superglide and has shorter rear shocks which lowers it and the seat is also cut lower which will place you a lil lower as well. Then there are the extras that its has as a bonus such as tank mounted speedo and black and chrome engine. The frame is esentionally the same as that of the Superglide and Street Bob with the difference being in the rake and trail. And yes, the passenger pegs are mounted on the swingarm.
According to the specs, both the FXDL and FXD have 29 degree rake.

Old 10-27-2006, 02:12 PM
Tnbrit
Road Captain

Thanks for the replies & the info.So it looks like the different height is the rear shocks & the seat.On the harley website they quote the rake as the same but the trail different (4.5"Lowrider & 4.7"Superglide)but the wheelbase longer on the Lowrider,which i'm having a bit of difficulty understanding,must be the stupidity again!.I posted the question cause I went to a Harley demo day at the local dealer where Harley had 12 bikes to ride,I loved the lowrider but because SWMBO is always a passenger I am concerned about the lower back end & also the passenger footrests mounted on the Swingarm,anyone carry a passenger on a lowrider?or any thoughts would be appreciated.
Tnbrit.

Old 10-27-2006, 07:20 PM
LOWRIDER95
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have put about 25000 miles on my 1995 low rider an the last 4 or 5 years usuall with the wife on the back and have had no complaints from her except for the foot rests, which I change to the small floor boards. She is now happy since there is less vibration.

Old 10-28-2006, 03:22 AM
WS6 Formula
Stellar HDF Member
Received 247 Likes on 164 Posts

Thanks for the replies & the info.So it looks like the different height is the rear shocks & the seat.On the harley website they quote the rake as the same but the trail different (4.5"Lowrider & 4.7"Superglide)but the wheelbase longer on the Lowrider,which i'm having a bit of difficulty understanding,must be the stupidity again!.I posted the question cause I went to a Harley demo day at the local dealer where Harley had 12 bikes to ride,I loved the lowrider but because SWMBO is always a passenger I am concerned about the lower back end & also the passenger footrests mounted on the Swingarm,anyone carry a passenger on a lowrider?or any thoughts would be appreciated.
Tnbrit.
On Harley's website Link, regarding the Low Rider it states "Rake Steering Head / Trail 29.0º / 4.5 in.", which is true but they also have 1 1/2º in the triple clamp for a total of 30 1/2º, that would help make it a little longer and lower. I used the Wide Glide triple clamps on my Low Rider which are 2º,.....1/2º more rake, and it made a difference, it looks a little more longer and lower.

Old 10-28-2006, 01:43 PM
Tnbrit
Road Captain

Hi,thanks for the reply how do you find the tech.info over & above the info.on the Harley website?.Thats a beautiful colour on your bike & the 2-1 pipes make it look cleaner.What make are they & are they much louder than standard pipes,is performance/torque affected?.
Thanks.
ORIGINAL: WS6 Formula

Tnbrit.
On Harley's website Link, regarding the Low Rider it states "Rake Steering Head / Trail 29.0º / 4.5 in.", which is true but they also have 1 1/2º in the triple clamp for a total of 30 1/2º, that would help make it a little longer and lower. I used the Wide Glide triple clamps on my Low Rider which are 2º,.....1/2º more rake, and it made a difference, it looks a little more longer and lower.

Quick Reply: 2007 Lowrider