Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

kuryakyn peg question

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 04:51 PM
dynamiamiflo
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default kuryakyn peg question

Had a quick question in case anyone has the Kuryakn swing wing pegs (pn 4466). I have a 98 fxd with forward controls, and on longer rides sometimes I feel I would like to have a different position for my legs. So I was thinking of either the swing wing pegs or the or the switchblade pegs (pn 4445). I think the swing wing pegs might be more comfortable to stretch out and wont really get in the way when cornering, and the "stirrup" fold out part on the switchblade seems so small like it would hardly even work and mabye scrape when cornering, but I would appreciate if anyone has any experience with these and what you like/dont about them. Thank you.

Old 08-12-2011, 09:22 PM
bigbully67
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have recently put these on my Fat Bob with forward controls. Huge improvment over the stock pegs. While folded out I find it more natural to lay the sole of my boots across the entire peg. Heels inboard, toes angled slightly out across the the piece that swings out rather than just using the extended peg if that makes any sence. I think they are great. The only thing I'd change if I could is mount them with a slightly less angle. There is no way to adjust them, as far as angle is concerned, that I can figure out. It's not too bad the way they are though. I have gotten used to them. I'd recomend them. Let me know if you have any questions.

Attached Thumbnails kuryakyn peg question-pegs.jpg   kuryakyn peg question-pegs-2.jpg   kuryakyn peg question-pegs-3.jpg  
Old 08-12-2011, 09:45 PM
bigbully67
Advanced

I just noticed that you are from Florida. If you havn't found them yet this forum has group of riders called "The Florida Crew". Check us out. Great way to meet people from all over the state that love to ride. Just scroll down untill you see all of the rider groups. I look forward to riding with you in the future, when I get back from Texas in October, if you would like. Their only rule is "there are no rules". Got to love it. I'm only 2 hours North of you and ride down South all the time. Ride on!

Old 08-13-2011, 02:16 PM
1HD1C
Stellar HDF Member
Received 180 Likes on 139 Posts

i have the switch blades on my Dyna.... LOVE THEM

Old 08-13-2011, 08:24 PM
zitman11
Novice

I have the swing wings on my WG and love them....2 things though...

1. They are adjustable with the Hex Head that runs thru the centerline of the peg, I forget if you have to have the swing swung out or not to get to it...
2. they are great how you described laying your foot across. I wouldn't put the full weight of my foot/leg on the smaller outer peg while swung out.

Old 08-15-2011, 02:41 PM
dynamiamiflo
Advanced

Thanks all for your feedback, I am just about to make the purchase. I still am unsure about whether to get the Swing wings or the switchblades. I think the switchblades look much better, but the swing wings are probably more useful. Decisions, decisions..... Anyone else have any thoughts on them?

Bigbully, thanks for the awesome pics that you included, really helps me get idea on how it will look on mine. How easy are they to swing out when you are on the go and then swing back in? Do they have like a locking/clipping mechanism/tab when you close them? Just trying to figure out how they swing out/in while riding.

Also, thanks for the heads up on the FloridaCrew, actually have been on it and just posted on the forum about a Poker Run this sunday in the Upper keys. Lets definately get together and ride, thank you for your message!

Zitman, thanks for your insight, good stuff.

Old 08-15-2011, 03:02 PM
1HD1C
Stellar HDF Member
Received 180 Likes on 139 Posts

swing wings look like more of an extended highway peg where the switch blades
have the heal rest. the heal rest is why i went with the switch blades, on ling rides my calf would hurt with the forwards and regular pegs with the heal rest it takes that stress away.

folding them out while riding is like anything on a bike, you should never really take your eyes off the road unless in a completely safe situation.... otherwise mine fold out pretty easy just using the side of my foot to pull them back.

Old 08-15-2011, 04:58 PM
bigbully67
Advanced

Zitman11 You are correct and I'm 100% wrong about the adjusability. I just went out and took a look at my pegs and they adjust just as you described. The highway peg must be swung out to get to it. I don't have a clue how I missed it. That was my only complaint and now its not an issue. I'm going out to tweek them and take her for a spin. You just gave me an excuse to take another ride. Thank you. I appolagize for posting incorrect information Dynamiamiflo. As far as swinging them out on the fly. I don't think it's possible. It does have a small sliding lock that I origanally thought could be released with my heal but I cant do it. If you look at the first picture that I posted, you can see haw small the lock is on the outboard edge of the peg.

Last edited by bigbully67; 08-15-2011 at 05:02 PM.
Old 08-15-2011, 05:27 PM
dynamiamiflo
Advanced

cool, thanks again both of you. So bigbully, basically you swing them out before you take off if your doing say long distance/highway riding, your not doing it on the go right? Yes, I saw that little thing on the swing out arm and wondered what it is, looks like you said its the locking mechanism. I guess you have had no problems scrapping on tight turns/cornering?

Old 08-15-2011, 08:44 PM
bigbully67
Advanced

dynamiamiflo, Thats basically how I use them. I come from a sportbike background so I ride hard and still love to hit the twisties when I can find them down here. I have had no problem with them scrapping and I have scraped my primary once or twice.

Quick Reply: kuryakyn peg question