Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

...FLD 103 Dyna Switchback...

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 09:33 PM
terryrh
Elite HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

I like them. Can't wait to get a test ride. The OL may just prefer that over the Deluxe.

Old 08-18-2011, 08:26 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 147 Likes on 122 Posts

I will be test riding one this weekend as part of the fleet demo at the local dealer. I will post some reviews after. However, I have been in to look at one and I will say this the seat is very comfy dispite being a big seat, tucks you right is and makes you feel at one with the bike. Also, the floor boards are perfect. I am 5'7" and my forwards are great but still a stretch and the mid location is good, I just don't like shifting and braking there, so the floorboards are in the ideal location for someone my height. Also, the red paint looks a million times better in person then the website makes it look. A set of 16"/18" apes would fit this bike extremly well!!

Last edited by blueangel73; 08-18-2011 at 08:30 AM.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:45 AM
jcopel
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I still like it better everytime I see it (which is at bike night every Wednesday at the QS next door). I'm trying hard not to go into further debt over this, but we may have to jump. I see a test ride in my near future.....

Old 08-18-2011, 11:17 AM
U-234
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I got to sit on one in Sturgis. It fit me (5'8"). Bags seems to be about the same size overall as my Shovel bags. They appear a little wider at the bottom but are not as long as the Shovel bags. It took me a couple of tries to get the lids closed correctly. I like the quick off bag setup. Seemed to work great.

Attached Thumbnails ...FLD 103 Dyna Switchback...-p1020484.jpg  
Old 08-18-2011, 11:31 AM
terryrh
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by U-234
I got to sit on one in Sturgis. It fit me (5'8"). Bags seems to be about the same size overall as my Shovel bags. They appear a little wider at the bottom but are not as long as the Shovel bags. It took me a couple of tries to get the lids closed correctly. I like the quick off bag setup. Seemed to work great.
Looks like you just about made your own version of a switchback

Last edited by terryrh; 09-22-2011 at 11:23 PM.
Old 08-18-2011, 11:53 AM
FBinSoCal
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default First mods to FLD and opinion

Have mine in the shop for mods this and next week and missing it bigtime already. I bought it a week ago Sat.
This is only my second post in any forum as i haven't ridden in over 25 years prior to buying the switchback. This bike is nice to ride, plenty of power and the overall responses and handling are also very good in my book. My past bikes were all choppers; from rigids to swingarms, glides to springers. My main thing back then was staying on the road first and foremost and going as fast as I wanted and looking good while doing it...nuff said, you all know that vibe.
Anyway, I went in to buy a wide glide because it's an outstanding beginning to further create something along the lines of what i used to ride...and i just like them! But ended up purchasing the SB because it seemed to fit everything else I wanted, especially the ability to convert it quick-style for the highway and right back to the street. I liked the floorboards and fat front end assembly too. Our main residence is in So. Cal. but we also have a place in Arizona, near Laughlin. My heart says I want a tricked out custom ultimately but knew my old azz would be hurtin after driving regularly 250 miles one way through the desert. Get a road king, you will probably say, but for me, I don't want to ride around with all that bulk once i get to my destination. However, now I definitely want it for the longer haul. The switchback covered all the bases in that regard. At least for me. Road King is one hellofa bike and i have friends who swear by them, but this FLD is opening up future viable options to even them. Time will if they get one.
I'm 6' and about 220 with long legs and I'm also 60 years old. Had surgeries in both shoulders so propensity to get more than average aches and pains while riding, is my world...wah, wah, etc. Another biggie on needing comfort.

The mods I'm doing are: 12.5" chubby apes, changing out the sliders to chrome, stainless cables, different and smaller grips (surprisingly comfortable as i've never owned this type) ...was going to go with all chrome controls and levers too but with all the black, chrome and polished going on throughout the bike sitting stock, and accented by that beautiful red, I'm just switching the control switches to chrome for a contrast. I will post pics when I get it back. I took a chance and ordered up some kuryakin flip blade highway pegs that mount under the floorboards. In regard to those, the stock floorboards need to be assisted with some sort of highway pegs as they become real small after a while and the flip outs felt real nice...hope they don't drag too much, we will see.. Anyone else who bought a SB have any pics? I'd love to see the various ideas. In closing, what's up with people trashing others' bikes in these forums? Back in the day, that was worse than trashing someones old lady.

Old 08-18-2011, 12:15 PM
terryrh
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by FBinSoCal
what's up with people trashing others' bikes in these forums? Back in the day, that was worse than trashing someones old lady.
This is what I've been trying to figure out.

Glad to hear you are enjoying that bike. Hurry and post some pics...inquirinng minds wanna see!

Old 08-18-2011, 02:48 PM
NTrain177
Cruiser

i love my switchback..for a stock more the 103 seems to pull very nice...i am heading down to the shop now to pick up a SE heavy breather air cleaner...the build starts today!!

Old 08-18-2011, 03:31 PM
jamman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i like mine, this is the 8th hog i've owned.. as far as the 103, not telling a big difference over my 06 bob yet..It is due to be looked at in am, it stumbles on acceleration..

Old 08-18-2011, 04:51 PM
twofish
Road Master

08fxdf43202
The way things are headed I just may stick with stock headers with black heat shields
and a V&H Pro chrome slip on or something alike in another brand.
Big sucker air kit and round chrome AC. And yes I can’t wait.

I didn’t mention how quite stock exhaust sounded.
We all know if it’s legal in 50 states it can’t be that loud.
The balance between loud and performance can be tricky.

Quick Reply: ...FLD 103 Dyna Switchback...