Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

...FLD 103 Dyna Switchback...

Old 08-18-2011, 07:25 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

For the brief moment I heard it, I thought the stock exhaust sounded better than I expected, and louder than previous years stock mufflers. Maybe it's just because we were in the showroom.

Old 08-18-2011, 07:29 PM
danl
Tourer
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by FBinSoCal
Have mine in the shop for mods this and next week and missing it bigtime already. I bought it a week ago Sat.
This is only my second post in any forum as i haven't ridden in over 25 years prior to buying the switchback. This bike is nice to ride, plenty of power and the overall responses and handling are also very good in my book. My past bikes were all choppers; from rigids to swingarms, glides to springers. My main thing back then was staying on the road first and foremost and going as fast as I wanted and looking good while doing it...nuff said, you all know that vibe.
Anyway, I went in to buy a wide glide because it's an outstanding beginning to further create something along the lines of what i used to ride...and i just like them! But ended up purchasing the SB because it seemed to fit everything else I wanted, especially the ability to convert it quick-style for the highway and right back to the street. I liked the floorboards and fat front end assembly too. Our main residence is in So. Cal. but we also have a place in Arizona, near Laughlin. My heart says I want a tricked out custom ultimately but knew my old azz would be hurtin after driving regularly 250 miles one way through the desert. Get a road king, you will probably say, but for me, I don't want to ride around with all that bulk once i get to my destination. However, now I definitely want it for the longer haul. The switchback covered all the bases in that regard. At least for me. Road King is one hellofa bike and i have friends who swear by them, but this FLD is opening up future viable options to even them. Time will if they get one.
I'm 6' and about 220 with long legs and I'm also 60 years old. Had surgeries in both shoulders so propensity to get more than average aches and pains while riding, is my world...wah, wah, etc. Another biggie on needing comfort.

The mods I'm doing are: 12.5" chubby apes, changing out the sliders to chrome, stainless cables, different and smaller grips (surprisingly comfortable as i've never owned this type) ...was going to go with all chrome controls and levers too but with all the black, chrome and polished going on throughout the bike sitting stock, and accented by that beautiful red, I'm just switching the control switches to chrome for a contrast. I will post pics when I get it back. I took a chance and ordered up some kuryakin flip blade highway pegs that mount under the floorboards. In regard to those, the stock floorboards need to be assisted with some sort of highway pegs as they become real small after a while and the flip outs felt real nice...hope they don't drag too much, we will see.. Anyone else who bought a SB have any pics? I'd love to see the various ideas. In closing, what's up with people trashing others' bikes in these forums? Back in the day, that was worse than trashing someones old lady.
Can't wait to see the pics of your mods, I am with you on your analogy on why I would want one. I love my bike, but it has it's limits.Plus I saw a sneek preview of SOA and they are riding them....

Old 08-18-2011, 08:46 PM
2011Deluxe
Banned
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by DannyZ71
For the brief moment I heard it, I thought the stock exhaust sounded better than I expected, and louder than previous years stock mufflers. Maybe it's just because we were in the showroom.
Really.....?Ya think?

Old 08-21-2011, 07:11 PM
twofish
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NTrain177
i love my switchback..for a stock more the 103 seems to pull very nice...i am heading down to the shop now to pick up a SE heavy breather air cleaner...the build starts today!!
How did things work out?
Any pics?

Old 09-20-2011, 07:50 PM
perryross
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The black FLD’s are starting to show up in the US now.
Who Yah!

Old 09-20-2011, 07:51 PM
2011Deluxe
Banned
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by perryross
The black FLD’s are starting to show up in the US now.
Who Yah!
My dealer has had a black one for a couple weeks now.....

Old 09-20-2011, 08:24 PM
perryross
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by thegrants82
My dealer has had a black one for a couple weeks now.....
POOP!
I was hoping to get mine (here in the Midwest) before winter sets in.

Old 09-20-2011, 09:25 PM
terryrh
Elite HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Been really thinkin bout those. 2nd bike of course. Joii aint goin nowheres

Old 09-21-2011, 06:27 PM
byersmtrco
Supporter
Received 492 Likes on 343 Posts

Saw a black one today. Not a fair report because it was fresh out
of the crate (still had the foam on it)
Black looked nice!! It needs a chrome battery cover though.

There was a red one on the showroom. That is an awesome red.

Old 09-22-2011, 08:24 PM
Sporty07
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the red one and i love how it rides and handles...done had it to 109 on the freeway here and still had throttle to go...ride was smoothe and no problems what so ever...i plan to change the breather, exhaust when they are out and add the race tuner to it....but in all the bike looks great, handles very well and to me rides excellent...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ...FLD 103 Dyna Switchback...