Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V&H big radius chrome 2-1

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 10:30 AM
shrini23
Road Warrior
Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts
Default V&H big radius chrome 2-1

have been riding a lot..
Unfortunately when climbing the twisties I scraped my pipes and now it is really visible with tons of scratches ....

I tried looking up V&H site to see if they have replacement heat shield for chrome 2-1 big radius but I couldnt find that info...
Anyone who know where I couldnt find the replacement and how much that would cost me?

Old 01-09-2012, 08:24 AM
blockhead1100
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a similar situation with V&H pipes - not the same model as yours but I recently needed to replace a scratched exhaust shield on pipes I purchased about five years ago. I couldn't find anywhere (eBay, craigslist, new, etc) that sold replacement items for them so I figured I was going to have to buy a new set of pipes. I finally just called V&H and asked if I could order a replacement shield. All they needed was the part number of the original pipes I ordered. They gave me a decent price and said it would take about 8-10 weeks because they would have to make one up special order and they were busy with holiday orders. I agreed to wait and they took my credit card number. After about three weeks I got them on my doorstep (I received an email several days earlier saying it had shipped with a tracking number). They had charged my card shortly before they shipped them. So, if you can't wait, you may have to buy a new set of pipes, but with a little patience V&H will most likely be able to get what you need.

Old 01-09-2012, 12:35 PM
slider1156
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey not to change the subject but how do you like that pipe? Low rumble or are they loud. I am looking at that pipe and I do not know anyone who has one. Thanks. I have a set of rush short pipes and they have a bark to them. Trying to get a little less noise

Old 01-09-2012, 08:33 PM
Bspike1
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

download the instructions from V&H website. they have the part # you need. ask a V&H dealer or V&H.

Old 01-10-2012, 02:33 AM
Robottom
Road Master
Received 138 Likes on 58 Posts

I called V&H and they told me that they sell replacement sets but they weren't cheap, I don't remember exactly how much but $250 sticks in my mind, also pretty sure they wouldn't sell single pieces, it was the whole set or nothing. My muffler heat shield brackets broke and I ended up having them welded back on instead of replacing.

Anyway, you can see the same drag marks on most of anyone I've seen who has these pipes whenever the bike is on the kickstand. (never get used to calling it a jiffy stand, wtf).

Don't you think you'll just do the same again to the new one if you replace it?

Old 01-10-2012, 10:20 AM
shrini23
Road Warrior

@slider1156 This definitely has a bark when you open the throttle but most of the time I just dont open the throttle and one of the main reason I got the pipes was for the appearance...
Not many IMO ride with V&H big radius 2-1

Old 01-10-2012, 10:39 AM
shrini23
Road Warrior

Thanks for the info
Lemme check wit V&H and see how much they want for replacement shields

Old 01-10-2012, 02:25 PM
WIDERGLIDER
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just get the shield recoated...maybe a hundred bucks...

Old 01-10-2012, 02:34 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Before I would spend money on fixing the scrapes, I would address the problem....If you like the pipes you might want to go to a taller/better shock

Old 01-11-2012, 08:02 AM
Piratebonz
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is probably not going to help you much, however, I had similar problem with my BR 2-2.

I was bringing my buddies 117 lb wife home one night last fall and scraped the lower pipe (the scalloped end piece) in a turn. Sounded like a cat in a blender at the time, and a nice spark trail to according to her hubby behind me.

I found a replacement for it on Ebay that evening, bought it for $68, then went out and looked at the damage the next morning in the daylight, hardly noticeable unless you put your face right down there and look, so although it sounded and smelled major at the time, it was not.

You say yours is pretty bad and I seem to remember seeing a heat-shield for your pipes on there also, surely gone now, but they do appear from time to time. The one I ordered was from an individual, and flawless. I have not put it on yet, I'll keep it in case/ until I really scratch the one on the bike now.

Best of luck and ride safe,
David

Quick Reply: V&H big radius chrome 2-1