Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Super Glide 0-60

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 09:21 AM
cecharles
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's a link to some info on the Switchback. Look at the last page for the times on the run and according to the article, they did all this on a windy day and the bike should actually have better numbers.
http://www.mcnews.com/mcn/model_eval/2011NovHDDyna.pdf

Old 01-17-2012, 05:50 PM
Nick_N
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HD Bobber
I smoke 600cc rockets no prob. Haven't got a chance to run any bigger rockets.

Best time at the track was 13.1 sec. 1/4 mile.
LOL...not foolin anyone here...sorry bro

Old 01-17-2012, 07:17 PM
Billyram
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't plan on running my Super Glide down the 1320. "I didn't buy it for that" But at 87.5 hp / 96 tq it's quite quick and will embarrass some that mess with it.
Billy

Old 01-17-2012, 07:38 PM
nathanw
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you're beating a 600 it's because the rider doesn't know how to ride. A 600 will destroy any HD short of a V-Rod and even those should get handled by a fair margin. Stock 600's will run in the 10's with a competent rider, HD's wont. No disrespect intended, but 13's are slow in the sport bike world, very slow.

Old 01-17-2012, 08:19 PM
JohnC FXDX
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Billyram
I don't plan on running my Super Glide down the 1320. "I didn't buy it for that" But at 87.5 hp / 96 tq it's quite quick and will embarrass some that mess with it.
Billy
By some of that mess, do you mean cars? Other than some smaller engine dual sports, and smaller engine Japanese cruisers, because everything else out there makes more power than that. We need about 95hp and 105 tq. Just to catch up.

Old 01-18-2012, 08:13 AM
8541hog
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts

Since I have a Dakota Digital gauge this info is easily available.
Before I installed my TMax w/autotune my very best 0-60 was 4.6 that is with an AN Big Sucker and BR 2-2 pipes.
Now with the TMax and my custom built 2-1 pipes I can easily hit 4.2.
The motor is a bone stock 88 internally.
I also have a 31 tooth pulley.

Old 01-18-2012, 08:35 AM
ghira75
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

would it be fair to say that although on a test performed by an experienced rider a 600cc sportbike will be quicker on a 0-60 race by 1 full second, in real life it's easier to obtain close to max performance from a Harley than froma 600cc?
The reason being that you would have to rev a little (to avoid excessive spinning) the big v-twin at the start and that the almost immediate torque and short gear ratios will allow you to get to 60 in 4-5 seconds, so very close to a normal start, just a bit more aggressive.
But to go from 0 to 60 on a 600cc you'd have to rev it very high and use a lot of clutch to get it moved because the torque is high in the rpm range and first gear is also very long ratio compared to HD. And you need experience in doing this as well as balance yourself to avoid spinning or lifting the front wheel, while the bike accelerates to 60 in 3.2-3.5 seconds.
In practice, if you are at a red light next to a 600cc chances are that you will get off in front unless the other rider is experienced and willing to stress his clutch enough..

Old 01-18-2012, 08:42 AM
JohnC FXDX
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ghira75
would it be fair to say that although on a test performed by an experienced rider a 600cc sportbike will be quicker on a 0-60 race by 1 full second, in real life it's easier to obtain close to max performance from a Harley than froma 600cc?
The reason being that you would have to rev a little (to avoid excessive spinning) the big v-twin at the start and that the almost immediate torque and short gear ratios will allow you to get to 60 in 4-5 seconds, so very close to a normal start, just a bit more aggressive.
But to go from 0 to 60 on a 600cc you'd have to rev it very high and use a lot of clutch to get it moved because the torque is high in the rpm range and first gear is also very long ratio compared to HD. And you need experience in doing this as well as balance yourself to avoid spinning or lifting the front wheel, while the bike accelerates to 60 in 3.2-3.5 seconds.
In practice, if you are at a red light next to a 600cc chances are that you will get off in front unless the other rider is experienced and willing to stress his clutch enough..
Definitely agree on this. I've seen this plenty with cars as well, including my old Firebird. It was a terror on the track. I could do low to mid 12's all day long. I could get beat on the street because I was not launching the same. Usually would have to ease into it with street tires or it would go up in smoke. Street bikes are kind of the same deal. Without the rpms off the start, they're not in their power band.

Old 01-18-2012, 09:07 AM
Village Idiot™
Stellar HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

All modern 600's from the big 4 and Triumph's 675 can pull 10's if the rider knows what they're doing.

Old 01-18-2012, 09:20 AM
YeOldeStonecat
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,155 Likes on 1,511 Posts

Originally Posted by TXcruzin
Ok Ok OK,,, it's a little late I've had a couple jack and cokes,,,I probably shouldnt..cause Im not a sht starter. But ummm. Am I the only one that thinks this is utter BS ??

I mean I love my bike and Im proud of it....but come on man
It's not BS...it's true....but you have to understand it.
"He takes them until they get wound up"
Harleys have bottom end grunt...we start off strong...but the power curve falls flat on its face pretty quickly.
Sport bikes..especialy 600cc ones...they don't have much grunt off the line, but once they wind up past 4,000 - 4,500...they begin to come into their zone...and once up past 6 grand..they're ready to rip past us.

So what he is saying...is true...most of us on our Harleys can take 600cc sport bikes...until they get wound up. True! So we get them for the first couple of hundred feet...big deal....once they wind up...they rip past us like we pulled over and put down the kick stand! LOL.

One of my buds has a Yammy yzr60. At any stoplight or stopsign...or squirting out of the twisties, or taking off going up a hill with a roll-on...I can leave him in the dust. For just a bit...once his tach hits a point..he's like a rubberband that got stretched and let go..and he'll rip past me a few hundred feet later.

So to sum up...yeah, I'm beating him...until he winds up! So now..what's the meaning of that sentence?

Quick Reply: Super Glide 0-60