Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Liquid Industrial Coating

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 08:34 PM
TDGMAN14
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Liquid Industrial Coating

Does anyone have any experience blacking out there bike with liquid industrial coating? From what I have heard, this coating doesn't harm your original chrome, aluminum, plastic, ect., and can be removed within an hour. Also I was told it is chip resistant and won't peel off. Has anyone ever done this before with pics or just any basic knowledge on it? Much appreciated.

Old 02-15-2012, 08:44 PM
greenstreetbob
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You gotta be more specific. I have used POR-15 on alot of hot rods. Not sure if that's what you are talking about. I've also used some truck bed liner and haven't been too impressed.

Old 02-15-2012, 08:51 PM
USAH1
Intermediate

Is it called plasti dip?

Ha ha I can't believe that stuff is becoming so popular. I was planning on using it on my bike. The funny thing is I tested it on my truck first and it is 100% true how they claim it works. Pretty impressive stuff.

Before

After

Old 02-15-2012, 09:02 PM
TDGMAN14
5th Gear

I am not sure what the product is called. I will try and find out though.

USAH1:
Which parts were you going to use it on? Also, has the product on your truck held up good? Thanks

Old 02-16-2012, 07:12 AM
art0565
Road Master
Received 24 Likes on 9 Posts

How did you apply it?

Old 02-16-2012, 08:04 AM
USAH1
Intermediate

It has held up very well. I use my truck for what it was meant for... taking it off road in some pretty nasty places.

I since I live on the east coast places I take it trail riding is narrower than the truck so I end up pushing trees over/cutting them down and taking some of the forest home with me. The paint held up very well for what I put it through. I was able to rip a piece the size of a quarter from my roof because a huge tree limb caught me when I came sliding backwards down a really steep cliff.

I am thinking about using it on my console, horn, air cleaner cover, and maybe my lower fork tubes and triple trees.

It sprays out of a can and it is basically a vinyl coating that can be peeled off. There have been some folks that have left it on for over a year, peeled it off and had no damage to the paint underneath. I tested this on the hood of my truck before I did the entire thing and it comes right off if you want it to. Holds up to touchless car washes and such. I would not put a power washer inches from it though.

Here is a link showing it being removed from the roof of a car.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5H69eMjUXk

Right now it comes in flat black red and white. You can buy a glossifier over them made by plasti dip that makes those three colors glossy. They are working to make custom colors but right now these are the only ones you can buy in home depot or lowes. Pretty trick stuff.

Old 02-16-2012, 08:24 AM
pontiac69
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

That's crazy stuff. So it only comes in flat paint? Wonder if it would work on my atv plastic body it's dulled out being 10 yrs old. Awesome stuff if your looking for flat black.

Old 02-16-2012, 09:12 AM
USAH1
Intermediate

Yea it only comes in flat. Remember though, there is a glossifier that you can spray on after the flat dries. It is basically the same stuff in clear so it makes it nice and shiny.

I have not used the glossifier yet but I have seen videos of it applied and the results are fantastic. Still the same principle after it has been applied. You can always peel it off with no harm to the original finish.

Old 02-18-2012, 09:10 AM
Skatz5000
Advanced

Plasti dip is the shizzleeee. Awesome awesome stuff

Old 02-18-2012, 10:24 PM
Robtarra39
Road Warrior
Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

Wicked stuff, mind is racing with ideas

Quick Reply: Liquid Industrial Coating