Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Test ride after upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 07:23 AM
Norb5150
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Test ride after upgrades

Ok in an earlier post I stated I made a wheel and suspension change. Yesterday I had enough time to run it through its paces to test ride it for all good reasons and excuses to take off for awhile. I raised the bike by 1" by installing the progressive 12" 412 shocks (wish I would not have raised it cause I love that slammed look). Put new wheels front and rear w metzler me880s which I have run with other wheels. My trip started out in the city loaded w potholes strip mines and the ocasional manhole cover every five feet. various bumps and other obstacles. I have the preload on the shocks set minimum to see how they react. I will probably run them at 2nd notch normaly. Ok so bumps and cracks in road are non noticible compair to previous shocks. Hit a bump hard enough to bottom out for the reason that I wanted to see how the bike was going to react. It was easy to keep control and I didnt bounce sideways or get wobbley. Thats another plus. Once out in the county I took some hard twisties and detours on roads that have heavy wear and tear as a result of low maintanence. Again handled very well. It took some getting used to the raised center of gravity on the bike. I followed speed limits and sugested speed limit (the yellow signs) signs for the most part but I did get into the throttle for some of the way. Interstate travel was a breeze. Highway speeds of 80mph smooth ride. No complaints on suspension. Now the wheel upgrade. First and foremost I had major problems with incompetant techs at dealership. The only reason I had them do the work was because I dont have the tool to set the end play in the bearings. Ill leave the rest for another post on the Erie HD dealer service department. The overall feel of the bike is totaly different with mag wheels vs. laced wheels. It even shifts smoother. Vibrations at low and high speed are less felt through out bike. I did adjust belt tentioners in when I changed shocks out by about a 1/32 inch (less then 1/4 turn). Well like I said other then the worthless service department at the local HD dealer, Im very satisfied with the upgrade and overall looks.

Old 08-27-2012, 08:32 AM
fugawi
Tourer
Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts

very nice scoot! good to hear about the progressive shocks. looking to go with the same ones..