Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best tuner?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 01:15 PM
crazyanimal
Road Captain
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

I have the Seprt on my bike and when I first got it all they did was load a canned map and smart tuned a bit,I did this twice cause it never really worked right,I said enough was enough of the tech trying to dial in my tune just by taking it for a ride and smart tunning again,so I got it dyno tunned and it's now a completely different bike.My bike was way lean on start up and was not getting the most out of my stage 1,so I would highly recommend getting your bike dynoed,like foxster said,you'll be getting the most out of bike with a dyno tune.

Old 09-15-2012, 02:54 PM
EastBay_Solo
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

T-max here. And I love it . I had decel pop . And it was due to an exhaust leak.. I believe it's the best tuner by far. Even my local stealer said it was. As far as not being able to get the most out of It for power is bs you can manually change all the fuel curves and what have you to get the most performance out of your engine. There's a few guys on another forum that are getting crazy numbers with the t-max. And that's with out having to take it and paying for it to be done. As far as support the support team is awesome . They also have it set up so that you can email them your map and have there tech make any adjustments needed. I believe there's one for sale in the classifieds section for a great price. Good luck.

Old 09-16-2012, 10:56 AM
Prodriverdon
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IMO all bikes need to be dynoed if you can afford it. Benifits are bike not running lean and it is at its peak with the mods be it stock,stage1-3 or whatever. I have the PCV Retrofit and dont have enough miles on her yet to see how it holds up. I would stay away from anything the dealer sells because of the EPA influance. Since doing mine I noticed I dont need to grab another gear as soon as before. The other thing is I am twisting the throttle ALOT more because it runs F-ING GREAT...

Old 09-16-2012, 06:52 PM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

My plan of action is just to get the bike re-dyno tuned.

250 is a lot cheaper than 525 for a used Tmax.

Gonna go to a well respected shop around here, not the same shop that tuned her in the past.

Old 10-07-2012, 05:38 AM
artpe54
Tourer
Received 32 Likes on 10 Posts

I just installed a TTS on mine yesterday. Couldn't be happier! Bike runs great now!

Old 10-07-2012, 06:16 AM
fathog
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Well respected shop

Originally Posted by toastman
My plan of action is just to get the bike re-dyno tuned.

250 is a lot cheaper than 525 for a used Tmax.

Gonna go to a well respected shop around here, not the same shop that tuned her in the past.
I'm not to far away, do you mind sending me a pm providing the name and location of the shop you're happy with? I've read good things about an independent in Huntington, maybe a little to far east for you. Thanks

Old 10-07-2012, 07:18 AM
CDFXD
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like it is a problem upon deceleration and off-throttle. Too lean when decelerating. If you do not have a leak somewhere. Ask the dyno guy to richen up the deceleration enleanment or if you can hook the power commander up to a laptop and lower the deceleration enleanment multiplier. Start by 0.97 and lower it in small increments.
Keep us posted.

Old 10-07-2012, 11:23 AM
harley_jeff
Road Master
Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

I will have a used Dyna T-Max for sale in about a week. PM me if interested.

Old 10-07-2012, 07:43 PM
jmeiers
Road Warrior
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Power Vision. Now does Autotune using either the stock O2 sensors (free) or wideband O2 sensors (extra).

You can save your dyno money and tune the bike yourself by just riding around and let the bike tune itself. Not to mention, no more piggybacking devices because it flashes the tune to your bikes ECU. Also, being able to monitor all selected data in realtime is worth the price of admission alone. Does a bunch more than that. You should read the PowerVision thread in the tech forums.

$499 from FuelMoto and they provide all the support you need as well as provide a custom-tune for your bike/mods already preloaded.

Last edited by jmeiers; 10-07-2012 at 07:51 PM.