Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Inner Tr. Tree Wind Deflector?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 09:16 AM
dobro
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Inner Tr. Tree Wind Deflector?

A tremendous amount of wind coming under the lower triple tree is deflected away from my head by a fork mounted tool bag but I don't like the look of the tool bag and want to remove it. Are you aware of anyone who makes a wind deflector for Dynas that blocks wind coming through the INSIDE of the forks under the lower triple tree? I know Kuryakyn makes one for the touring models.

Old 03-24-2013, 09:20 AM
MrPappagiorgio
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you seriously complaining about the wind hitting your head while you're riding your motorcycle?

Old 03-24-2013, 09:27 AM
FXDWG12
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dobro
A tremendous amount of wind coming under the lower triple tree is deflected away from my head by a fork mounted tool bag but I don't like the look of the tool bag and want to remove it. Are you aware of anyone who makes a wind deflector for Dynas that blocks wind coming through the INSIDE of the forks under the lower triple tree? I know Kuryakyn makes one for the touring models.
How about a faring?

Old 03-24-2013, 12:46 PM
dobro
Cruiser

Originally Posted by MrPappagiorgio
Are you seriously complaining about the wind hitting your head while you're riding your motorcycle?
Yeah, I'm one of those candyasses like the guys who prefer windshields or face shields in the winter. I know that real men doesn't use anything to reduce the effects of the elements when they're riding their bikes and that it proves they are the equals of professional fighters, test pilots, and Seal Team 6. But I'm slowly building up to it by not wearing sunglasses when I ride, which a real man like you must have stopped doing a long time ago, right?

Old 03-24-2013, 01:17 PM
O-Town D
Road Master
Received 61 Likes on 45 Posts

I don't doubt that you're getting a fair share of wind blast on your Dyna - our bikes have minimal protection in that regard. But I would think very little of the wind pressure that is felt from the waist up is coming from below the lower trip tree, but rather comes from the air that is deflected up by the headlight, bars, and tank. Even if I found the windflow below the trip tree to be objectionable, don't know if I would want to block it off as that airflow down low helps to cool off the motor and exhaust.

Best thing for you may be to look into a windscreen or fairing as already suggested. Hope you get it worked out.
~

Old 03-24-2013, 01:24 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I use a half helmet with a drop down shield.
Solved my problem.

Old 03-24-2013, 03:34 PM
Puffdaddy
Road Captain

I remembered seeing a thread about a Touring deflector being modded to fit a Dyna when I was looking into buffeting issues. I don't have one, but is this what you were looking for?
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...ics-added.html

Old 03-24-2013, 03:51 PM
dobro
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Puffdaddy
I remembered seeing a thread about a Touring deflector being modded to fit a Dyna when I was looking into buffeting issues. I don't have one, but is this what you were looking for?
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...ics-added.html

Exactly! Thank you very much.

Old 03-24-2013, 04:14 PM
Puffdaddy
Road Captain

No prob, report back if it helps

Old 03-24-2013, 08:32 PM
MrPappagiorgio
Cruiser

Originally Posted by dobro
Yeah, I'm one of those candyasses like the guys who prefer windshields or face shields in the winter. I know that real men doesn't use anything to reduce the effects of the elements when they're riding their bikes and that it proves they are the equals of professional fighters, test pilots, and Seal Team 6. But I'm slowly building up to it by not wearing sunglasses when I ride, which a real man like you must have stopped doing a long time ago, right?

Not trying to say all that. I have a quick mount windshield on my bike right now for the 30 degree morning ride to work. All I'm saying is that if you're going so far as to strategically place wind deflectors all over your bike to prevent wind from hitting your head you might not be cut out for riding. Just saying. You be more suited for something like a sporty Mazda Miata.

Quick Reply: Inner Tr. Tree Wind Deflector?