Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chin Fairings and steering stabilizers

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 12:18 PM
Robbysride
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Chin Fairings and steering stabilizers

So I was hoping to hear from people who have installed a chin fairing, and or a steering stabilizer to their dyna. What I would like to know is what was the difference you felt after installation, if you like it, what brands, and maybe a photo. Peace

Last edited by Robbysride; 05-09-2013 at 02:51 PM.
Old 06-16-2013, 10:51 AM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Rbh808
So I was hoping to hear from people who have installed a chin fairing, and or a steering stabilizer to their dyna. What I would like to know is what was the difference you felt after installation, if you like it, what brands, and maybe a photo. Peace
I'm curious about the chin fairing as well. Other than looking cool, what does it do?

I have a BKRider steering dampener and really like it. It minimizes the "twitchiness" in the front end at high speed when riding on rain grooved freeways. I also like that it's easily adjustable. Just reach down and give the **** a click one way or the other depending on how much dampening you want.

You can see it in the attached picture just below my left turn sig. The brass **** on the end is the adjuster.

Attached Thumbnails Chin Fairings and steering stabilizers-dampener.jpg  
Old 06-16-2013, 11:23 AM
Jbco2
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The steering stabilizer with make the front feel firmer on the wheel.
With the chin fairing I did not notice any difference.
I have both on.

Joe

Old 06-16-2013, 10:01 PM
HSB
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

[quote=SquidHead;11417526]I'm curious about the chin fairing as well. Other than looking cool, what does it do?

Nothing just looks good..............

Old 06-17-2013, 12:44 PM
ReapersWG
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Squidhead nice looking ride. Curious about your front turn signals. What relocation system you running. I have the HD one on my Wide Glide and hate how far they stick out Thanks for the help. Also does this steering stabilizer fit a '11 Wide Glide if anyone knows. Mine is alot better now with a set of Pireili Night Dragons and one size bigger front 90/90-21 My new Progressive 444s seemed to help too but I like to be stable when I'm running up there with the occasional triple digit blast just to feel alive. Ride Safe but Ride like HELL

Old 06-17-2013, 01:19 PM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ReapersWG
Squidhead nice looking ride. Curious about your front turn signals. What relocation system you running. I have the HD one on my Wide Glide and hate how far they stick out Thanks for the help. Also does this steering stabilizer fit a '11 Wide Glide if anyone knows. Mine is alot better now with a set of Pireili Night Dragons and one size bigger front 90/90-21 My new Progressive 444s seemed to help too but I like to be stable when I'm running up there with the occasional triple digit blast just to feel alive. Ride Safe but Ride like HELL
Arlen Ness relo: https://www.denniskirk.com/arlen-nes...prd/215902.sku

I got the stabilizer from BKRider.com. You can email them and ask if it fits your WG. I think it fits all 06 and up Dynas, but they would know for sure.

Old 06-17-2013, 03:13 PM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts

A steering stabilizer is really only needed if you do wheelies. If your front end is wobbling something else is not right. Thats my opinion. Sure you can buy one and put it on but in normal street riding situations it's not gonna do anything. I have never felt the need for one but of course I don;t do wheelie's. I'd get a tru track or sputhe first.

Old 06-17-2013, 03:25 PM
HyperM3
Road Captain
Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

Anyone got places to purchase a chin fairing? All I found was ebay.

Old 06-17-2013, 08:32 PM
Cascade
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Uhhh...... Your local Harley dealer?

Old 06-17-2013, 08:35 PM
HyperM3
Road Captain
Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Cascade
Uhhh...... Your local Harley dealer?
Uh... I didn't know if it was an HD part or aftermarket.

Quick Reply: Chin Fairings and steering stabilizers