Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FORWARD CONTROLS TO MID CONTROLS

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 10:07 AM
risdo
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: FORWARD CONTROLS TO MID CONTROLS

I'm 6' 4", with a34" inseam, and I still prefer the mids.

Maybe it's my dirtbike/sportbike background, but it feels much more natural with my feet under me.

Also, the forwards give me a back-ache. The mids don't.

Old 03-22-2007, 11:58 AM
Stanger
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had this same delema for a bit and decided to go with forwards. I like it but I could tell that I would like to have somewhere else to put my feet, so I left the mid peg mounts and now I have forward controls and mid pegs. Worked really good, but I went one step further. I put on floor boards on the forward controls and dam talk about a change! I have found my favorite combination. Good luck in your search!

Old 03-22-2007, 02:16 PM
2BKFXDL
Road Master

The cruise pegs on the lowrider helped stave off my desire for forwards for a while........[hint] you can flip and swap sides on the cruise peg mounts for an alternate riding position.........and I ran mids w/ forwards fora bit but found it to be too much stuff to move around.

Now, I run only forwards and have put on 4" offset passenger peg extensions to give my 5'10" wife a bit more comfort.

Everybody is different.........

Old 03-22-2007, 09:24 PM
2002fxdp
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i currently have foward controls, but i am converting to mids with some parts bought off this forum. i prob will put highway pegs where the fowards are eventually. i'm 6'0 32". fowards dont feel right when riding aggresively.even if you only had mids, you can only ride 150 miles before stopping for fuel anyway so its not that bad.

my .02

Old 03-23-2007, 12:57 AM
JayFromPa
Outstanding HDF Member

I agree with the comments a few have made and sometimes think the bike is more agile with the mids but that is just my lack of riding with forwards talking for me.
I just finished putting my forwards on tonite and it is quitedifference for me. Being 6'7 mids were just to much on my knees to use them all the time and I found I was riding 90% of the time on my highway pegs, shifting with my heel. I feel much better now being able to rear brake with my toe now that the forwards are on. I also enjoy the look of the forwards as well.

Everyone needs there own level of comfort to ride and you should definitely change 'em up if your that apprehensive about it. Then again, I went from a metric crotch to a Harley and always thought the same way about my feet being in front of me. I think Iwent the right way going forward but I'malso much taller than you.Give it a whirl for a few to see how you feel before you change up.

Old 03-23-2007, 01:10 AM
WdGldDave
Road Captain

I went through the same thought process. Check out this thread -

Mid Mount Discussion

Old 03-23-2007, 01:21 AM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Mids here......my feet go to sleep on forwards...which is not a good thing...[]

Old 03-23-2007, 06:02 PM
DelcoDyna
Cruiser

5'9" 30" inseam....forwards (kept mids for changing position).

Then, again,a 500 mile day is nothing for me.

Old 04-13-2007, 01:49 PM
Buddy WMC
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I need some help from you more experienced guys. I also know that most of you have late model bikes. Will be purchasing a cherry 1993 FXLR on Monday that has forward controls. I need to use mids due to a lower extremety disability.

The owner has the original mid mount controls that go with the bike. How dificult will it be to re-install the mid mount controls? Thanks....

Old 04-13-2007, 02:35 PM
Oldtimer of NM
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Since the custom originally had mid mounted controls, it shouldn't be too hard to change it back as long as the original mounting points haven't been cut off the frame. Your local dealer parts counter should be able to give you a list of exactly what parts you will need, including part numbers.

Quick Reply: FORWARD CONTROLS TO MID CONTROLS