Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD Quarter Fairing/Headlight Space Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2014, 07:43 PM
Clown Shoes
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 3 Posts
Default HD Quarter Fairing/Headlight Space Question

Question regarding the spacing on my quarter fairing and the headlight. I ride a 2011 FXDF and replaced the stock headlight with a FXDX light (complete housing unit) I recently installed a HD quarter fairing using the bung king brackets and detachable clamps. I followed the instructions - flipped the headlight mount 180 to push it forward and everything - but when I clamp on the fairing and adjust it so the headlight is flush with the rubber gasket the fairing ends up too close to the mounts, contacting the clamps and vibrating like a you know what. If I adjust it to put some distance between the fairing and the forks I end up with a good inch of space between the headlight and the gasket. The setup still allows for proper illumination through the lens but I'd like to get it right. Where did I go wrong? Thanks guys.

CS

Last edited by Clown Shoes; 05-03-2014 at 07:45 PM.
Old 05-06-2014, 07:45 PM
Clown Shoes
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 3 Posts

One bump.
Anybody?

Old 05-06-2014, 08:12 PM
Odelay
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Clown Shoes
Question regarding the spacing on my quarter fairing and the headlight. I ride a 2011 FXDF and replaced the stock headlight with a FXDX light (complete housing unit) I recently installed a HD quarter fairing using the bung king brackets and detachable clamps. I followed the instructions - flipped the headlight mount 180 to push it forward and everything - but when I clamp on the fairing and adjust it so the headlight is flush with the rubber gasket the fairing ends up too close to the mounts, contacting the clamps and vibrating like a you know what. If I adjust it to put some distance between the fairing and the forks I end up with a good inch of space between the headlight and the gasket. The setup still allows for proper illumination through the lens but I'd like to get it right. Where did I go wrong? Thanks guys.

CS
What clamps are you using? Also, when I think FXDX light, I think top mount- you mean FXD, correct? Do you have pics?

There may be multiple solutions here

Old 06-15-2014, 07:26 PM
WRKD4ITFLHX2008
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default same issue

yeah just installed mine have a finger gap at the bottom any fix to set flush