Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Extended forward controls

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 12:05 PM
JohnnyRebKY
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Extended forward controls

I been feeling cramped on my 02 wide glide. I guess the new is wearing off and I'm starting to be more conscious of the things that bother me. I've had 3 back surgeries and this is my first bike after recovering 2 years. I put a 400 dollar mustang wide touring seat on which helps a lot but my knees feel all bent up. Oh...I'm 6'2 tall. I find myself hanging my feet over the pegs most the time and the pegs rest above the heel of my foot which hurts after awhile. Not to mention doing this puts all my weight onto my butt and spine. I also find myself trying to scoot as far back in the seat I can get until the passenger pillion starts digging into me.

So question is....how much a difference do extended controls make for you tall guys like me? The kit on JP cycles shows a 3 inch extension kit for 199 bucks. I been thinking I bought the wrong bike but after trying a few others they felt even worse. Even sat on a road king and felt like my knees were up by my ears. So this may be my last effort to ride a bike if I'm going to ride longer than 20 minuets. It's not the bike it's me....got special needs I guess. Plus the WG seemed to have most room in stock form so hoping 3 inch extension will make things much better.

I've tried scooting back onto the passenger seat 3 inches rear of where I normally sit. The point was to sit 3 inches back to simulate a longer reach to the pegs. Feels better but not sure of this is a accurate way to measure how it will feel

Old 07-21-2014, 12:26 PM
JMC22
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 328 Likes on 243 Posts

I'm 6'2" - own the 13' Fat Bob in my sig below - I threw on the Kury forward extenders on mine the other week as I was experiencing the same issues as yourself - and love them, it gave me that little longer reach in the legs I was looking for
Moving back in the saddle might tell you a little, but as you do so your position changes slightly in your leg angle and your arm position to the bars.

Last edited by JMC22; 07-21-2014 at 12:29 PM.
Old 07-21-2014, 02:20 PM
JohnnyRebKY
Road Master

Thanks for the input and good looking fat bob btw.

It's one of those things you can't just google pictures of how they look or how they will feel. I want to do other things but keep spending more money to make myself comfortable. Getting frustrated with it to be honest as I'd like to be doing a engine mod or something instead. I rode a 883 sportster for 8 years at my height accept I didn't have all these rods and bolts in my spine

Old 07-21-2014, 05:07 PM
SuperFastGlide
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

they look like this mounted, Im 6ft4, work great for me...

Old 07-21-2014, 09:09 PM
JohnnyRebKY
Road Master

Thanks a lot that looks great. Those few inches should make a big difference for me. Is that the 3 inch extension kit for the factory controls?

Old 07-21-2014, 09:48 PM
JMC22
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 328 Likes on 243 Posts

Here are a few more pics of my forward extenders - again they are from Kury, they provide the chrome 3" extenders, both brake and shift rods (I used my Tribal shifter one with an extender) and all of the nuts and bolts needed.
Took me about 45 minutes start to finish to switch them over - very simple

Attached Thumbnails Extended forward controls-img_0001.jpg   Extended forward controls-img_0002.jpg   Extended forward controls-img_0003.jpg   Extended forward controls-img_0004.jpg  
Old 07-21-2014, 09:48 PM
SuperFastGlide
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnnyRebKY
Thanks a lot that looks great. Those few inches should make a big difference for me. Is that the 3 inch extension kit for the factory controls?
yes... I also have the canyon carver footpegs from dkcustoms.. they rotate freely so you have alot of range for foot rest positions,,..