Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softail vs Street bob

Old 07-21-2014, 02:35 PM
kreeess
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Softail vs Street bob

My buddy is recently looking in to upgrading his current sled right now we were at the dealership yesterday and he found a 2014 STreet bob and a 2014 softail slim, he's debating on which route to go he really likes the look for the slim but he's scared he won't be able to ride it hard is this true with softails?

Old 07-21-2014, 02:39 PM
Juggerpops
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the same dilemma, after test riding both I went with the Dyna it felt more nimble and even though its only 30 lbs lighter it seemed like more. both are awesome looking but the Street Bob fit my body better with the mid controls

Old 07-21-2014, 02:41 PM
PRODUCTofNJ
Cruiser

I went thru the exact situation 2 months ago when I bought my bob. I love the slim, the ride and the looks are amazing. However, pulling out of the dealership I scraped the floor boards with the slim on a test ride. I was coming from a sport bike and I wasn't planning on riding as aggresivly but still wanted something I could ride at a nice pace. I love the slim and the low feeling of the bike but in the end I went with a street bob because I felt it was more capable. It depends on how your friend rides, but really you can't go wrong with either.

Old 07-21-2014, 02:47 PM
kreeess
Road Captain

Thanks guys keep the comments coming I will show this to my bud to maybe help him decide

Btw this is the slim he was looking at and a vivid black street bob price difference is only about 1k OTD

Attached Thumbnails Softail vs Street bob-image-2313184541.jpg  
Old 07-21-2014, 05:56 PM
PRODUCTofNJ
Cruiser

Vivid black street bob is 13,300 and color option on slim is around 16200 and you mentioned a 1k difference so one of the bikes he's looking at is a good deal

Old 07-21-2014, 06:02 PM
CryingJoker
Road Master
Received 238 Likes on 140 Posts

I like the slim especially that color but I never could get used to that narrow rear tire

Old 07-21-2014, 06:09 PM
kreeess
Road Captain

Originally Posted by PRODUCTofNJ
Vivid black street bob is 13,300 and color option on slim is around 16200 and you mentioned a 1k difference so one of the bikes he's looking at is a good deal
That's what I kept telling him, also the slim had bars upgrade, digital fuel guage flush gas cap, blacked out front end

Old 07-21-2014, 06:38 PM
Crazy
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,505 Likes on 801 Posts

Originally Posted by kreeess
My buddy is recently looking in to upgrading his current sled right now we were at the dealership yesterday and he found a 2014 STreet bob and a 2014 softail slim, he's debating on which route to go he really likes the look for the slim but he's scared he won't be able to ride it hard is this true with softails?
Not just any softail, but the Slim is the lowest of them all.

I've been riding my Street Bob for close to 5 years now. I REALLY, REALLY wanted to get a Slim to replace it. So much so that I took 2 test rides 11 months apart. The first test ride showed me that the Slim is way too low and scrapes way too easily in the turns. The second test ride convinced me that no, I couldn't get over it, and it really wouldn't work for me.

If you friend does any spirited riding at all, he should get the dyna.

Old 07-21-2014, 07:33 PM
Antonio Balls
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,629 Likes on 779 Posts

Same here. I loved the look of the Slim but knew I had to take one out on a long ride to know. I scraped the foot boards on almost every turn and knew it was not for me. I bought a 2013 FXDC and am very pleased with the decision. Now when I scrape a peg I smile because I know I am way over. Plus you can do so much more with the suspension of the Dyna.

With all that said he MUST ride both to help him decide.

Old 07-21-2014, 09:02 PM
JohnnyRebKY
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I tried several softails and just didn't hit it for me. Felt cramped ( I'm tall) and just couldn't take the Kentucky back roads like I wanted. Comming from a 883 sportster I wanted to be able to have fun in curves and have a heavy cruising bike. The solution...Wide Glide.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Softail vs Street bob