Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Andrews Cams with Screamin Eagle Pushrods

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 04:32 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 272 Likes on 185 Posts
Default Andrews Cams with Screamin Eagle Pushrods

Getting things gathered up to do my cams. I can't decide to try and use Andrews Ez pushrods or use the Screamin Eagle quick install that includes the new tubes. I am thinking it will be difficult to adjust the pushrods with the stock tubes and its cheaper to get screamin eagle than get the Andrews rods and but new tubes. I know Andrews did grind the se cams. Anyone do this or reuse the stock tubes and still have room to adjust the pushrod?

Old 08-11-2014, 05:16 PM
VIN1800
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like the SE brands, comes with everything.

Old 08-11-2014, 05:20 PM
kevin_s
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just did Andrews 48H cams in mine and used SS quicky pushrods.Only problem I had with the SS pushrods was the shitty blister packing job.I had a hell of a time getting the tubes from the plastic.
Adjustment was simple,the valvetrain is quiet as stock.

Old 08-12-2014, 12:28 AM
latrobedyna
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I done a 57-H cam in my scooter and i just reused the stock rod's. To me it was not worth the extra cost to replace the rods and mess around setting them. When it was easy to just take the tops off the rocker box and pull the rockers. it your time though so is the extra 30 minutes work worth the money ? Hell for the $136.00 they cost i change your cams for ya

Last edited by latrobedyna; 08-12-2014 at 12:31 AM.
Old 08-12-2014, 06:55 AM
nhrider1
Road Warrior
Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by slyedog
Getting things gathered up to do my cams. I can't decide to try and use Andrews Ez pushrods or use the Screamin Eagle quick install that includes the new tubes. I am thinking it will be difficult to adjust the pushrods with the stock tubes and its cheaper to get screamin eagle than get the Andrews rods and but new tubes. I know Andrews did grind the se cams. Anyone do this or reuse the stock tubes and still have room to adjust the pushrod?
I like the S/E tapered adjustable pushrods. I used them on both of my bikes with Andrews 48 cams. They are easy to adjust and they provide a complete package, including the tubes and gaskets.

I've never had any issues with adjustable pushrods, and they make it easy to adjust, or change lifters down the road.

Old 08-12-2014, 08:20 AM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by nhrider1
I like the S/E tapered adjustable pushrods. I used them on both of my bikes with Andrews 48 cams. They are easy to adjust and they provide a complete package, including the tubes and gaskets.

I've never had any issues with adjustable pushrods, and they make it easy to adjust, or change lifters down the road.
Good to know. I don't feel like pulling tank and rockers and font care about extra money compared to time. I thought the S&S rods were smaller dia than stock iirc. I will get the se ones with tubes. Now to decide black or chrome? I am thinking black but chrome may be easier to keep clean.

Old 08-13-2014, 12:21 PM
BigMike
Club Member
Received 1,570 Likes on 674 Posts

Originally Posted by kevin_s
I just did Andrews 48H cams in mine and used SS quicky pushrods.Only problem I had with the SS pushrods was the shitty blister packing job.I had a hell of a time getting the tubes from the plastic.
Adjustment was simple,the valvetrain is quiet as stock.
What part number S&S pushrods did you use?

http://www.sscycle.com/product/2007-...ushrods-c1077/

Old 08-23-2014, 01:20 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member

I have the money now to order my pushrods, clutch spring, and other gaskets, orings, etc. Gary at Andrews said stock lifters should be fine and no reason to swap for just bolting in the 57. I am sure a few swapped lifters while in there but on a 2000 mile motor is the new lifter cost really needed and justified. Been told by few builders stock oil fine and with a lower duration cam with stock valve springs the new lifters not needed. Just waiting for hand to heal and will install. Lifter opinions appreciated as I know a lot of guys on here run the 57.

Old 08-23-2014, 07:22 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

As long as you are using adjustable pushrods, you could always trade those HD lifters out pretty easily in the future if you want to. The stock HD lifters should be fine, there are a lot of better ones but most normal people have budgets and you have to decide where to stop spending - always a hard thing to do......

Old 08-23-2014, 08:48 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by HD Pilot
As long as you are using adjustable pushrods, you could always trade those HD lifters out pretty easily in the future if you want to. The stock HD lifters should be fine, there are a lot of better ones but most normal people have budgets and you have to decide where to stop spending - always a hard thing to do......
Thanks.That's a good point. Not hard to do them later if needed. The se, woods and s&s are more than I want to bite off if I don't need them with stock springs and rockers. I could bite off the fueling brand lifters though but don't know if any good and again if any better than stock anyway.

Quick Reply: Andrews Cams with Screamin Eagle Pushrods