Electrical/Lighting/Alarm Having electrical problems? Discussion on everything electrical and lighting systems.

Brake light not working

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2017, 04:11 PM
jtsmitty
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Brake light not working

Hello Im new to the forum. I have a 2015 Street Bob and I have custom dynamics led rear lights installed. Well the other day I noticed that my brake light was not coming on when I pressed my front or rear brake. I checked all the fuses and the led lights. The weird part was my running and signal lights along with the flashers were still working. I tried putting the old bulbs in and still no brake light. I then noticed the security light was on so i checked the code and b2161 was displayed. I cleared the code and tried both brakes again and nothing. I also have a harley security system installed, daymaker, front custom dynamics leds which work fine. The dealer installed all of the above and the brake light was working fine until a couple days ago. I also unplugged the rear lights and replugged them in and also pulled the main fuse and still nothing. I have a appointment with the dealer but just wanted some insight thanks.