Electrical/Lighting/Alarm Having electrical problems? Discussion on everything electrical and lighting systems.

LED Headlight not functioning properly

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2018, 09:45 AM
CGLTD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 277 Likes on 203 Posts
Default LED Headlight not functioning properly

I have a 2013 FLHTK with TruckLite headlight and passing lamps and Custom Dynamics turn signals, tourpack lighting and tail light. I've had everything for about for 3 years.

The headlight recently started "strobe lighting" and eventually staying on high beams. It goes randomly from low to strobe and only high beams in no particular order all while the switch in low position. It does not do this when the light is plugged into the high and low beams separately. Only with everything plugged in.

I plugged in a halogen bulb and it works fine. The LED quit operating the Harley garage door opener that is ten years old. The halogen operates it just fine. In preparation of sending in the light for warranty I ordered the Sunpie Daymaker to have a light as this is my daily driver. The Sunpie does not operate the garage door opener, but the halogen bulb operates it. It's hard to tell, but I think the Sunpie high beam has a very small flicker when lows are on, but is hardly noticable and the high beam indicator is not coming on when the lows is selected as with the TruckLite. There is no strobe lighting. I am suspicious as to why the Sunpie is not operating the door opener.

Hopefully, i am detailed enough. Thanks for the help!

Old 01-02-2018, 03:53 PM
CGLTD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 277 Likes on 203 Posts

Update: took the headlight to a buddy's bike and works fine on his. Halogen bulbs still work.