Engine Mechanical Topics Discussion for motor builds, cams, head work, stripped bolts and other engine related issues. The good and the bad. If it goes round and around or up and down, post it here.

95ci build. 06a heads and andrews tw21 advice?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2017, 06:53 PM
Max Headflow
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,421 Likes on 3,729 Posts

The build puts out what I would expect.. Go back to the 220 that will help on the mileage.. There is something wrong with the AFR sampling.. A common issue is that the sniffer gets a hole in it someplace at the bend where it gets stuffed into the pipe.

Old 08-31-2017, 05:56 AM
SafetyFifth
Cruiser
Received 60 Likes on 37 Posts

Few updates:
-As far as the AFR goes for the dyno graph. I talked with the tech after the fact and brought up how weird the AFR was and he told me at the time I did my dyno run, the sniffer was messed up and wasn't giving accurate readings.
-I ended up calling Bean and having about a hour long discussion on my build. Very nice guy BTW. Anybody thinking of using big boyz, I highly recommend them. Anyways he suggested going more aggressive on my DTT. I played with the settings over a few days going from 2/2 to 5/7 and multi spark off. That really gave the engine a wake up. Was much more snappy after playing with the ignition.
-Not feeling like spending another 100 dollars to dyno, I've been doing my best "seat of the pants" tuning. I ended up replacing the CV slide, shimming the stock needle .040 and drilling the slide as well. Seemed to help performance with no effect on mpg.
-Lastly, I scored a take off set of clutch hub and compensator from a 2000 FLH. So did the 3.37 final drive swap. Really like how it feels now with the ratio change.

I'm curious now what it's putting out HP and torque numbers, may try and get it back on the dyno soon. The tech reassured me the sniffer is now working correctly. I don't know how much the numbers may go up from the previous 85 HP and 102 torque numbers from last run. But man after these last rounds of adjustments I've done it feels soooo much better. I'd assume both HP and TQ would be up.

Thank you all for the replies, input and help over this build. What a valuable resource this forum is.